1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Here Is The Key To Your Happiness!

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by coolblues, Nov 7, 2012.

1. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

fr094385904385.jpg

Your search for being cheerful and happy ends right at your home. A recent study conducted among 80,000 people reveals that eating fresh fruits and vegetables made people experience less depression and are bound to feel light and cheerful. This means having about seven to eight portions of fruits and vegetables a day. Read again, it is fruits PLUS vegetables. Numerous benefits are linked to having a generous consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. It reduces ovarian cancer, risk of diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, blood pressure, and of course aids in weight loss. Studies find that only about 1 in 10 people eat more than seven servings of fruits and vegetables every day. This may be due to less focus on the impact that fruits and vegetables have on emotional and psychological well being.

So, what is a serving? Serving equals a cup of spinach or leafy vegetables, half cup of berries, a medium banana, 3/4<sup>th</sup> cup of fresh fruit juice, a cup of green salad, a medium orange or a guava, etc. Which fruits and veggies are the best? Look for deep colored foods as they contain high levels of antioxidants and boost the release of serotonin, a neurotranmistter that is responsible in keeping you cheerful and happy!

What is your daily intake of fruits and vegetables?

3 people like this.

2. vidyamenon

vidyamenon New IL'ite

Hi coolblues
    for me its veggies and fruits only

my motto is

" be a vegetarian ,acha lagtha hai"
    regards
    vidya

3. coolblues

Yes, Vidya, staying away from junk foods and being with natural food is the safest and the best option for a healthy life..

4. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear coolblues
    I do not follow serving recommendations,but including millets regularly has helped me lose weight steadily.:)
    Including sprouts,nuts in addition to fruits and vegs helps in cutting down on carbs.. so weight can be managed.

regards
    honeybee

1 person likes this.
  5. coolblues

Awesome, honeybee.. this sounds really really healthy.. keep it going..

Cheers.