1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

All about chocolates!!

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by abi445, Aug 14, 2011.

1. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

Hai friendz,

Warm Welcome to chocolatiers!!!!!
    I like to share some of the interesting facts of chocolates with u.

Chocolate! The name brings memories of a sugary and scrumptious sweet in our mouth. Everyone in the world loves it becoz the taste of chocolate is unlike anything else in this world.. In fact, chocolate is one of the most preferred gifts on every occasion, birthday or anniversary, valentine’s day, christmas, wedding or farewell.,etc.

WHAT'S CHOCOLATE:

The term "chocolate" originated from an Aztec word, Xocolatl, which means "bitter water." Chocolate literally is the "Food of the Gods".

TRUE FACTS OF CHOCOLATES:

• Chocolate does not cause acne!
    The myth that chocolate causes pimples and acne still lives on amongst many believers. It’s totally false.
    • Chocolate does not raise cholestrol level.
    Steric acid, a fat found in choclate, does not raise cholesterol levels, even though it is a saturated fat
    • Eating chocolate can help you live longer.
    Studies show that consuming moderate amounts of chocolate can actually lengthen our lives over the long run because it helps to reduce risk of developing blood clots and also helps protect against bad cholesterol and heart attacks.
    • Chocolate does not contain high levels of caffeine.
    Some people believe that chocolate is packed with caffeine, when in fact a one-ounce bar of milk chocolate only contains about 5 to 6 milligrams of caffeine. This is barely even comparable to the amount of caffeine found in coffee, tea.
    • Chocolate can absorb other flavors and scents.
    To store chocolate properly, it should be kept separate from other household chemicals to avoid absorption.

INTERESTING FACTS OF CHOCOLATES:

• Raw chocolate also provides an abundant source of minerals like iron and magnesium.
    • Some health experts say the purer the chocolate, the better it is for you. Chocolate with a cocoa content of more than 50% is high in magnesium and contains calcium, potassium, sodium and iron. It also has vitamins A1, B1, B2, C, D and E.
    • Chocolate is associated with the release of serotonin, the hormone that makes you feel relaxed, calm, and happy.
    • Craving chocolate when a woman is on her menstrual cycle may have more to do with the fact that chocolate is known for helping ease menstrual symptoms
    • Chocolate melts at 34 degrees centigrade, which is just below the temperature of the mouth.
    • Knipschildt's La Madeline au Truffe was recognized by Forbes Magazine as the most expensive chocolate in the world.
    • Dark chocolate stored under perfect conditions will last for 10 years
    • Queen Victoria sent specially molded chocolate bars to British soldiers fighting in the Boer War, in South Africa, as a New Year's greeting.
    • Chocolate stimulates the same reaction in the body as falling in love from a natural substance that is in chocolate by the name of phenyl ethylamine
    • A fact about chocolate interesting is that more than twice as many women than men eat and crave chocolate.
    • At the point the chocolate melted in the mouth, all regions of the brain received a boost far more intense and longer lasting than the mental excitement from kissing. So, have a kissing intention without anyone by eating chocolate.:kiss
    • In Japan, there is a Valentine's Day tradition called", or "obligation chocolate", which requires that women give inexpensive chocolate to all of the men in their lives.
    • Chocolate, especially the dark variety, is rich in anti-oxidants, which reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
    NO SERIOUS, RELAX, JUST A FUN :
    Reasons Why a Chocolate is Better Than a Man

• No mental torture but relieves from mental stress.
    • After telling your chocolate bar all your worries you can simply eat it.
    • You can share chocolates with your best friend.
    • A bar of chocolate doesn't questn u when u r out.
    • No need to look after the family of ur lovable chocolate.
    Reasons Why a Chocolate is Better Than a Woman
    • Chocolate never makes you waiting.
    • Chocolate doesn't get jealous when you look at another chocolate bar.
    • You never have to buy a box of chocolates for a box of chocolates.
    • Chocolate doesn't talk incessantly while you're busy.
    • It doesn't expect you to remember the anniversary of the first time you met.

Chocolate lovers, be happy. Reports from recent studies have given you plenty of reasons to keep on eating chocolate without feeling guilty ESPECIALLY DARK CHOCOLATES are good enough.

So lets eat up happily! It’s for our health!
    I never met a chocolate I didn't like.............i think so......how u feel about it?
    choclate rose.jpeg

SSSSSSSS, I Completed my longgggggggggggggg story of chocolates, catch me now!!!!!!!:rotfl

4 people like this.

2. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Ssssssssweet information about chocolates.so we can take chocolate without any hesitation. thanks for sharing abhi.

3. akilasendhil

akilasendhil New IL'ite

thanks for sharing those chocolaty informations.
    sooooooooo sweet of you!

4. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

Hai padhmu,
    Thanks for ur reply.........u r right, let's eat up chocolates without any hesitation.

5. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

Hai akilasendhil,
    Thanks a lot..............u too share any chocolaty infrmtn here..........

6. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Very interesting info...Thank you!

7. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

Hai shakambari,
    Thank u for dropping here...........

8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

sweeeet factsss of cho..........oooooocolate! now who will think twice before gobbling chocolates!! going for the guilty free experience...ha.a... nice information

9. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much .........I too first feeled guilty when i missed my chocolates without aware of above information. When i come across these facts, i'm very happyyyyyyyy and that's why i shared here.

10. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

thanks for sharing! very interesting!