1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Am i pregnant or my periods are delayed???

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by SanjuReddy, Jan 19, 2011.

1. SanjuReddy

SanjuReddy New IL'ite

Hi all,

This is Sanju...new to this forum.

I am 26 yrs.I got married 2 years back. Initially my husband dint want to have kids.We consulted a gynacologist and she suggested to have pills (Yasmine), which i took for 6 months.Then i went to doctor again...she told that before planning we shd intimate her so that she will give necessary medicines and gain suggested to have pills for 3 months.

Now, i stopped the pills for more than 1 yr...but dint get pregnancy and even my periods are irregular now.I am getting pain and heavy bleeding during periods.Whenever my periods are delayed for more than 1 month i feel i may get pregnancy this time...but after few days i will get periods.I am really worried with this problem.

I check with the pregnancy kit for testing, when my periods are delayed (after 21 days).Can we really believe this test ? Does anyone here know how to check whether i am pregnant or having delayed periods.

Please suggest.

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

21 days? Do you have a 21 day cycle normally? It is commonly, 28 days.

Yes, the tests are good. Have you tried to time ic well? Using bbt charting/opk? That way, you'll know when to expect your period.

3. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

as you have irregular periods and pain with heavy bleeding consult the doctor take some medications for it.next find out why you are getting period.if possible you both take complete check up.take folic acid tablets after consulting doctor.make your body cool always.drink more water

4. SanjuReddy

SanjuReddy New IL'ite

Thanks for ur reply...

I dont know what is bbt charting/opk? Can u pls explain me.

my cycle is for 35 days..normally from the first time.

I asked doctor abt this heavy bleeding and pain ...she told me to bare for sometime...and not to use any painkillers.

Recently i had HSG test also...which is showing normal results.

I had PCOs problem before(4 yrs back)...my doctor said that they are not present now..

5. cutiepie1

cutiepie1 New IL'ite

Don't worry and bother.. the more you worry.. the more late the period would be. just be cool.

6. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Sanju just google the terms. You'll find out more than I can tell you. Fertility friend website has detailed information.