1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Diagonised with Hypothyroidism & High levels of Uric Acid!!

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by icyspicy, May 10, 2010.

1. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

Hi! After quiet a long time i am posting here again...but by god's grace things r going fine between me and my inlaws n dh till now....recently my dh had continuous back pain n we showed to the doctor...he took blood test and results say that my dh has more levels of uric acid and also shows he has hypothyroidsm...i was worried...the doctor told him to have another blood test done in details to see how much exactly he has the hypothyroidsm....but my dh refused to go for the next blood test ....he became disturbed and when i asked him abt it he told he dosent have anything and will not show any doctor from now on....we r planning to have a kid now....i am confused and worried what to do...does any one here knoe abt these 2 uric acid and hypothyroidsm?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

3. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Re: New Issues...new problems

hi icyspicy,

high levels of uric acid may cause excrutiating pain in the knee and this condition is referred to as gout. It can be treated by medicines. I'm not sure of any dietary management.

Hypothyroidism , or any hormonal imbalance for that matter, is not something like any other normal ailment. They require proper treatment and continuous monitoring which means checking the blood hormone level periodically. Any hormone has its action on almost all the organs of the body, though a major change is noticed in that organ which primarily requires the particular hormone for most of its bio-chemical reactions. Treatment is better started sooner , and there is nothing to worry abt after the treatment is started.

U may want to fix up an appointment with the Dr. and have a thorough understanding of ur dh's condition. That may help y'r dh open up for any further treatment or blood tests. Also, talk to him and try to convince him for this appointment.

4. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

will his hypothyroidism affect in me getting pregnant?

5. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

icyspicy,

i don't know if it would affect u.

6. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

im trying to convince my dh but hes completely refusing to get tested...hes getting angry...and asking me not to discuss more on the issue....what should i do?

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Icy

Though I do not know the treatment that cures this condition etc, I would suggest please consult a doctor or research some diet options atleast which would temporarily help in reducing uric acid levels.

My friend had a severe foot pain and he was diagonised with high levels of uric acid. First thing the doctor told him was to stop eating protein and lower the level of fat content that he is having. So start making raw salads etc and search for recipes on low cal. healthy foods. Atleast you can do things that are in your hand

8. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

srividya,

can u pls tell me more abt dietary management of uric acid. One of my close relative had this problem a few years back. Although she is fine now, i would like to know abt the dietary management. In case it recurs, y'r suggestions would be of great help. If proteins be avoided, how is it to be supplemented in the diet?

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Dear

I do not know the first hand information.Above information is what I heard from my friend when he went to the doctor thats what was suggested. I guess we can try to do some search over web on the diet part, as thats the basic culprit. I would also talk to my friend in detail as to what the doc suggested and would get back on this!

10. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Hi srividhya,

How are we to be sure abt the net info? To be precise, i've studied abt uric acid and it was a part of our syllabus, M.Sc. bio-chemistry. Uric acid is the breakdown product of nucleic acids - DNA, RNA. But, to my knowledge there is no dietary management. But, as per u this info is from a doctor, and so was i interestred in knowing. Anyways, it is not a hurry. Pls take y'r own time and whenever possible pls do post the info. It shall be of great help to me and ILites alike.

Thanks in advance.