1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Home remedies for joint pains

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by 4mangopeople, Feb 25, 2010.

1. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies

As we age so joints age. Joints should be handled with great care. Joint pain can ruin our lifestyle. We feel handicapped with the pain in the joints.

There could be many reasons for joint pains such as arthritis, joint injury, tendinitis, strain etc...

Some home remedies are discussed in this post to sooth the joint pains.

As it was discussed in my previous post "goodness of water", drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to help keep the joints glide smoothly. Water helps cushion and lubricate the joints.

Combination of fresh carrot juice with lemon juice relieves the joint pain.

A cup of hot milk with a pinch of turmeric would help.

Mixture of camphor, menthol and eucalyptus oil rub would sooth the joint pains.

Regular exercises increases the joint flexibility and strengthen the bones.

Mix of olive oil and kerosene in the ratio 2 : 1 would relieve the joint pains.

Vitamin C may help keep the joints comfortably cushioned .

Vitamin D is vital in bone building, get enough sunshine, eat plenty of vitamin D rich food like eggs and milk.

Soy is a powerful protein punch and a weapon against bone loss.

Oils rich in Omega-3 fatty acid and vitamins comes in handy for the troubled joints.

Vinegar rub on the joints before going to bed also helps ease the joint pains.

So Ladies our own home provides the remedies for joint pains, go try them.

Always take the vitamins with doctor's prescription only.

Admin Note: Here are other useful links on joint pain

Relief from Joint Pain
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/senior-citizens/114290-happy-joints-read-remedy-joint.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/nature-cure/36672-fenugreek-seeds-very-useful-arthritis.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/71489-remedy-for-my-knees-pain.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/116419-healthy-joints-for-healthy-life.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/health-issues/8745-knee-pain.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013

2. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Hey how r u?

My mom has joint pains..i vil tel her ur tips..they r easily available at home

Thanks

Deepthi

3. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi.
    thanxx for sharing such a useful tips.:)

4. chandannasta

chandannasta Silver IL'ite

My mom also has joint pains. She goes to some place to get some electric thing on her knees. In the night before going to bad she ties bandages.

Once in a week she also puts her feet in abuckt of hot water for some time.

Mostly her feet get swollen when she walks for sometime. She is 65 yrs old now. Even I don get time to take care of her due to my call centre job.

Just 1 thing I wanna know, my boss in my office said he had a same problem with her Mom too and he took her to some Parsi guy Located in charni rd in Mumbai near some kabrastan or something a few years back.

My boss said that he spend around 4-5 lakhs on her mom but there was no cure. So they came to know abt this parsi guy and he took her mom there and he just provided him some bandages for 100 rs or so and now her mom also runs and walks very fast.

So I just wanna know has any 1 of you been to this place as my boss said there is a lot of line over there at that guy's place. Any 1 staying over there can let me know plz asap.

5. rochardgems

rochardgems New IL'ite

Eat a few garlic cloves fried in clarified butter as a preventative measure.Take half teaspoon of turmeric powder with hot water at least twice in a day. It is also helpful in curing arthritis. This is effective home remedy for joint pains.

6. pussy

pussy Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot for your tips. It will be very helpful for my mom.

7. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Thanks Rochard for the easiest remedies that u have given.
    My mom has arthritis and was suffering from severe pain for two days last week and I ll ask her to try these two tips.

8. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Other things that help:
    Guggulu tabs
    Glucosamine/chondroitin wth MSM
    Emu oil rub
    Eucalyptus oil bath especially in whirlpool
    Volini rub

9. deepikashergill

deepikashergill New IL'ite

i call this the 'magic concoction' .. !

mom had developed severe pain in both her knees ... and while she was not completely bed-ridden, walking and climbing stairs had become extremely painful. a trip to an ortho guy and x-rays showed damaged knees ... and replacements recommended. confirmed with subsequent visits to other consultants. stated to be an 'emergency' ... and needed to be asap ...'the knees are in a very shape' ... !

it WAS an invasive method. on checking around we came across cases where these replacements had resulted in further complications. they had worked for some ... but there were more cases where condition had deteriorated.

scary! ma is 73 ... a possibility of her dealing with something which could potentially set her back ... was a very discomfitting thought indeed.

then someone [an ayurvedic doctor, in fact] recommended this 'desi' concoction to apply on the knees ... ! there were no harms checking it out, we thought, while we explored the surgical option further.

three days into this 'treatment' ... it was suddenly as if it really was no issue. the pain, ie. the limp vanished ... and while the lady was not exactly running around ... she was suddenly all over the place.

this was last may .. and she traveled alone overseas and other places in between. gone for shooting assignments besides that ... goes about her social work [daily, at the local govt hosp] ... the society work in the apartments ... socializing ... her walks. and all this by herself ... without any support!

she has started walking more ... to keep the joints mobile. diet and weight monitored, of course.

the remedy was shared with few other people we knew had similar issues. and ALL came back with same results. it works ... and how!

am a very very no-medicine person ... recoil from any invasive methods ... and believe in taking support from the resources nature sends our way. this validated my belief further.

sharing it here. do try this out for any older relatives or friends ... who can benefit from this.

i very very strongly recommend this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/2 kg ... mustard oil
    pour in a heavy bottom 'karahi' and put on slow fire.

add -
    5 clusters of garlic [thats a lot, but go ahead]; crushed
    25 gm ... methi dana
    5 tsp ... ajwain
    2 tsp ... saunf
    ... and cook till these ingredients 'burn' in the oil.
    take off fire when these turn 'black'.
    cool.

seive through a 'malmal' cloth.
    add -
    10 gm ... desi capoor [camphor]

stir.

thats the concoction. store. you will have enough to last at least 3-4 months.

take enough to be able to smoothly apply [NOT rub] on the knees. smooth circular movements. for at least 30 minutes. mom would do it while watching her fav tv serial. you'll notice, most of it gets absorbed. take more ... and keep applying smoothly. 30 minutes.

dip a small towel in warm/hot water ... to wipe off the oil ... holding the towel to the knees for sometime. hot fermentation.

that's it! daily ... regularly ... !

apparently, it works for any joints. shoulders, ankles, elbows, wrists.

besides the oil application ... and once comfortable, walk more. diet and weight control.

check it out ! i insist ... i insist ... i insist ...

10. afsarimam35

afsarimam35 New IL'ite

my daughter 6year old having joint pain she have increase uria level slightly what ever i do for her when she wheaping at night i have any good resorce to remoove her problem pls guide me, thanks for :bowdown

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2010