1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

knee replacement In india

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by lmani, Jun 6, 2007.

1. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

Can anyone give me places knee replacements are done well in India.:wave

2. mjrc

mjrc New IL'ite

The Madras Joint replacement center offers knee & hip replacements

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I had surgery (not a joint replacement) in Delhi with Dr. Pushpinder Bajaj three years ago. He was fantastic and his clinic is great. They are located in Safdarjung Enclave. He specializes in joint replacements. Please check his website. He is treating Indian cricket team, etc etc

Sports Arthroscopy India :: Orthopaedic Surgeon India-Joint Replacement Delhi India,Physiotherapy Delhi India,Orthopaedic Clinic Delhi India,Rehabilitation Delhi india,Arthroscopy New Delhi India,Physiotherapy Centre India:: Dr p s bajaj,bajaj, dr. b

4. mackenzie

mackenzie New IL'ite

Incidentally this was good I found people talking on this issue. This relates to my mother in law who lives in India. Presently I am here too with her and want to know about the exact costs that can be involved for knee replacement surgery. She has been suffering from arthritis since the last three years or more and its traumatizing to see her suffer in the way she is right now.
    At the same time she has lot of tensions and I was just wondering if her thoughts and tensions can also build up to the pain in which she is already suffering. Hope someone from you can come up with these answers.

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Do you actually know that she needs a knee replacement? I mention because through arthroscopy the doctor can clean out calcification which may be an option for her. I personally would consider joint replacement as a last option. You can call the numbers on the website that I provided for prices. Their care is of western standards including the hospital.

6. mjrc

mjrc New IL'ite

Hello,
    Chronic pain can lead to depression and this in turn decreases pain threshold. She will need counselling and an Orthopaedic consult.
    Cost of knee replacement at MJRC is reasonable.
    MJRC, Dr.A.K.Venkatachalam, Knee replacement Chennai, flexible knee replacement, High flex knee India

7. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

I think this is the latest thread talking about Knee Replacement surgeries..

I need help/ advice. My mom is due for knee replacement (on both knees). After 2 yrs of postponment, she is ready to take it now.. probably by mid of June 2010. So far we are thinking of getting it done in Miot Hospital, chennai..

Can you please let me know of whatever you have heard about this surgery, the recovery period, the post operative trouble/pain, also suggest hospitals where some of your close associates have had good experience?

8. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

Have a look at this report:
    Psychological Factors a Role in Trauma Recovery | Orthotec
    Arunadhri

9. firstbhagi

firstbhagi New IL'ite

Hi, I personally feel one has to do a thorough homework on the different options available and that too after a thorough investigation about the actual problem.

These days there are diffferent options that are less invasive like the knee injections using cortisone, hyaluronic acid, also called visco supplementation which include Euflexxa, Hyalgan, Synvise, and Nuflexxa.

I know of the Advance Cellular Therapy performed by Ahmedabad based Arthroscopist Dr Nilesh Shah on Hitesh Chauhan, aged 34 (at the time of this therapy) of Surat. This was the 1st of its kind in India performed to set the ailing knee right. A part of his damaged cartilage was sent to a lab in Seoul where it was cultured into millions of cells, compressed into the form of a gel and put back between the knee joints to regrow into a normal cartilage. It claims that he would be able to use his knee in a couple of months' time. This procedure is called AUTOLOGOUS CONDROCITE IMPLANTATION (ACI). Though this procedure is used for injuries, Dr Shah said that the next step would be to offer this therapy to patients suffering from OA.

Actually I too am a patient suffering from acute knee pain and am looking for options to cure my ailing knee. I am making all efforts to find out different options and this option has caught my attention. I have no idea of the outcome of this therapy but if you or anyone else can find out more about this case, it would help patients like you and me.

Finally I request all patients of knee problems to give feedback (in this forum) about the treatment they have taken and the ( short term and long term) outcome of it. This type of networking will help all of us.

Thanks and All the Best!

wou