1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Chickengunya

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by ramie, Dec 15, 2009.

1. ramie

ramie New IL'ite

Hi all,

My mom got fever 2 months back, and it is confirmed by Doctor that it is chicken gunya.. its been 2 months now but still she is suffering becas of joint aches.. Is ther any way she can come out of it quickly?

She used to go for walking now becas of this issue she stopped.. Do we need to consider any ortho?

Please help!!!

2. veenavarna

veenavarna Senior IL'ite

Hi ramie,

I was affected by its sister strain - para chickungunya two months back.
    I am also suffering from acute joint pains. Almost every twist and turn in my body aches!

A few of my relatives in chennai also got affected by this strain. They also had the same set of symptoms. some of them are yet to recover completely, though the kids have come back to normalcy.

Well, they were told that, thee joint pains will persist for a long time - miht take even 6 months.

We were advised to apply an oil, A.S.K oil - a homeo medicine available in almost all homeo stores. It may not smell good. But its very effective. However, i am yet to try that. I have asked my mother - who is in chennai to get a bottle for me. Wil be collecting that by this month end.

I was advised by my general physician to have hot water baths (othadams), to keep my feet/legs in hot water bucket with some rock salt added in it. It did work out in the initial stages when i had taken leave from work. After starting to get back to work, i somehow stopped it. Still wondering why! May be just laziness :( Anyways, will have to restart atleast during weekends.

Along with salt, you can also add a few drops of eucalyptus oil or apply that oil and give a massage. This my grandmother told me.

My prayers for your mother's speedy recovery.
    Vaishali

3. ramie

ramie New IL'ite

Hi vaishali

Thanks a ton for your quick reply...i will ask my mom to try that oil and do that hot water massage regulary..

wish u also speedy recovery..thanks again..

4. lakshmimys

lakshmimys Senior IL'ite

Hi
    If possible consult any Ayurvedic Doctor. I got this same disease 1 month back. and joint pains were horrible. My sister suggested one Ayurvedic doctor. From past 10 days I am taking those medicines. Now I am far better, My joint pains have been reduced to the great extent.