1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

please help me.......... please save my life

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by GopasaniS, Jul 16, 2009.

1. GopasaniS

GopasaniS New IL'ite

hi,
    This is sravanthi. I just now registered in IL.
    The main reason to register in this site is I am looking for help.
    hope I will get what I am expecting here

I am suffering from a mental problem since 6.5 years.
    I consulted Psychiatrist but I found no result.
    believe me or not I am feeling like a hell
    It's a torture like anything
    The problem is some unnecessary and meaningless thoughts keep on disturbing my mind
    I am unable to avoid those thoughts
    From these 6.5 years every second I trying to avoid those thoughts
    But instead it beacame my habit and those thoughts increased double
    Before 6.5 years I was mentally sound and healthy
    Now also I will be OK if there is no such thoughts. I can assure that.
    So I decided that to go back to before 6.5 years if it is possible (through hipnotism).
    I think it's possible through HIPNOTISM
    please give me information about this ( that is is it possible to set one's mind as it is in the past through HIPNOTISM)
    If it is possible then I will be one of the luckiest persons in the world
    It will be a rebirth to me

expecting a favourable replay from IL
    with tears Sravanthi

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

hi
    i am meditating everyday and it has helped me calm down a lot , i do not react or do wasteful thinking i suggest to see this website it is Vipassana Meditation Website and do the vippassan 10day meditation course it is run all over india
    it will help you
    alpa:cheers

3. nadhi1

nadhi1 New IL'ite

Hi Sravanthi

What is the nature of your intrusive thoughts? You may be able to get more appropriate help, if you describe the nature (including contents), frequency, intensity of the intrusive thoughts and any other symptoms/respose to the intrustive thoughts that you have observed in yrself/engage in. If you're reluctant to describe it in an open forum, perhaps the moderators can forward it to my email id ...
    In the interim, try these:
    Thought-Stopping: As you notice yourself saying something negative in your mind, you can stop your thought mid-stream my saying to yourself “Stop”. Saying this aloud will be more powerful, and having to say it aloud will make you more aware of how many times you are stopping negative thoughts, and where.
    Rubber-Band Snap: Another therapeutic trick is to walk around with a rubber band around your wrist; as you notice negative self-talk, pull the band away from your skin and let it snap back. It’ll hurt a little, and serve as a slightly negative consequence that will both make you more aware of your thoughts, and help to stop them! (Or, if you don’t want to subject yourself to walking around with a rubber band on your wrist, you’ll be even more careful to limit the negative thoughts!)- Typically, it works better if you combine thought stopping followed by a snap or any other distraction- will take intentional and consistent efforts....

· Self-Hypnosis: To really increase the effectiveness of affirmations, you can use them with self-hypnosis. This is a way to really cement them into your subconscious thinking much more quickly than repeating them in your normal conscious state.
    You can learn self hypnosis quickly and practice in a few easy steps.
    Difficulty: Easy
    Time Required: Five to Thirty Minutes
    Here's How:
    1. Find a quiet place, free of distractions, and block off some uninterrupted time.
    2. Get into a comfortable position. Many people like to recline, but others simply fall asleep if they get this comfortable, and prefer to sit in a cozy chair or in a cross-legged position. Experiment, and see what works for you.
    3. Decide on a goal for your session, and put it into a positive statement for later use. For example, if you’d like to help yourself become less messy, decide on the positive phrase, “I’m becoming organized and efficient” (or something similar) rather than the negative statement, “I’m becoming less messy”. Since the subconscious mind doesn’t always register negatives, your mind might focus on the word ‘messy’, reinforcing that idea, rather on the goal of ‘organized’.
    4. Start breathing deeply, expanding your abdomen on the inhale instead of raising your shoulders. Imagine that you are breathing in ‘calmness’ and breathing out all the stress from your day. Feel the oxygen spread from your chest through your arms and legs and to your fingers and toes.
    5. Pick an environment that’s relaxing to you, and imagine going further and further into it. Imagine that you are walking down a long corridor, or deep into the woods, for example, leaving your current surroundings far behind. You may not get a feeling of ‘Wow, I’m in an altered state now’, but if you keep focusing on this visualization, you should get there. It’s more like the state you get into while daydreaming or deep in concentration than what you may be expecting.
    6. When you are completely relaxed and feeling far from your regular life, begin repeating the positive phrase you chose for this session. You may choose to visualize the words, focus on their sound in your head, or visualize the end result.
    Tips:
    1. Some people find that soft, mundane background music or sounds help. Others find it distracting. Experiment, and see what works best for you.
    2. If you don’t feel any huge changes the first couple of times, keep at it. Self-hypnosis works in subtle ways. You may be surprised.
    3. If you can’t think of a positive way to frame your desired result, like if you want to quit something, for example, use a phrase for something that replaces the undesirable habit.
    4. If you find it hard to relax and focus, you may want to record your voice directing you into a deep state of relaxation and repeating the desired suggestions of phrases.
    What You Need:
    · Some free time
    · A quiet place (at first)
    · Comfortable clothing
    · An open mind
    · A clear idea of what you want

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  4. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Sravanthi,

I am very sorry to hear your condition, I know how it will be.. becuase I am also sailing on almost same kind of boat you are sailing.

I have anxiety, depression problem , suffered with anxiety attacks(which mimic the heart attack), I saw the hell. there are days where I suffered each and every second of the day. Dear, I also took anti anxiety medicine, but those will make us drug addicted. they are not permanent solution.I recommend you take them unless it is really out of your control.

The Permanant solution , I am wriing here based on my own expereince is yoga, meditation. I went to Art of living course , there I learnt Sudarshana Kriya a powerful breathing excersise which is helping me. I also do pranayama at home daily without failure which helped me a lot. Believe me it will help you too. because the secret is there is connection between our breath and mind, our breath controls our mind and its mischevious thinking, we can calm our body and mind with breathing.

so, yoga, meditation , pranayam helps. When you sit to do pranayam and meditation, dont supress your thoughts, or escape from any fears or thoughts bothering you, bring them before you, analyze them what is actually paining you, if you are helpless for it, let it be..dont try to solve it. let it go to universe(to God, or nature, to 5 universal forces), release those thoughts from mind, cry out, let the tears come out, then you will see some relief. make it a practise daily, then you will enjoy each and every session of that mind analysis(in other way called meditation), as the days goes on you will start to see the difference, you will realize , nothing is important in this world except you, do good things for yourself, reward yourself for small goals or big goals you achieved. be proud of what you gained in this life till now.

Dear.. it is one way to keep our confidence. its my expeirence. Also try to eat good diet and excercise, rest mostly, it is needed for you dear.

Another trick is whenever negative thoughts are coming, just watch them like a stranger , who are you to enter in my mind, insult them. replace them with position affirmation.

Positive affirmations and positive thinking techniques can help develop a powerful and positive attitude to life; which is an essential element in life success and good health.

remember we are all connected. you are not alone, my best wishes to you.

5. MightyMom

MightyMom New IL'ite

Hi,

Try to do regular routine exercises. Exercise can do wonders to both body and mind. The key to any kind of path you may take to resolve your issue is to be consistent. Whether you decide to do meditation, Yoga or exercise, please try at least for a few months consistently. Think of it as medicine and do it sincerely. I am sure you will see the benefits in no time.

Good Luck,

MM

6. sasha16

sasha16 New IL'ite

Don't worry for that. It's curable. My husband had the same problem, he met a psychiatrist and he is alright now. the doctor told that it's because of secretion of some liquid in the brain and if it is controlled, it can be cured. but the medicine should be taken for 1 to 2 yrs depends on you.

do u spend more time alone by sitting and thinking something?.keep engaged urself in some or the other thing. don't sit idle.

7. wantpeace

wantpeace New IL'ite

SRAVANTHI, can you tell your age. Are you around the menopause time, because lot of women have the exact same problem during menopause. Even otherwise please be confident. As most have told, for all these mind problems yoga and meditation are the most correct solutions.

PLEASE do not take any medicines even if the psychiatrist prescribes - unless and until - you have extreme/suicidal thoughts. If you can manage without medicines that is the best thing to do.

One of my best friends went to a psych for a very silly thing. he prescribed her medicines and now she is having a lot of side effects that have made her day to day life miserable. She felt little better once she took medicines, but now after for last 3 yrs she is finding it very difficult to come out of the medicines and also to continue with medicines. She used to be very cheerful before the medicines. but now the medicines have numbed her.

So my suggestion is please dont take medicines unless it is extremely required. The psychiatrists WILL NOT tell you about the negative effects.

SASHA16 please make sure that your husband slowly discontinues the medicines under the doctors guidance. Continuous use of these medicines will leave long last effects on the body.

8. kuppulakshmi

kuppulakshmi New IL'ite

Dear Sravanthy,
    I'm also in the same boat adding to my depression, i've also suicidal thoughts.I presume i'll die after some time taking pills. I also want to come out of this ordeal and watching this space for further advices and suggestions
    Kuppulakshmi

9. hitesh

hitesh New IL'ite

hi sasha,
    i too suffering from depression. could u suggest me good dr for counselling... plz. quick reply

10. hitesh

hitesh New IL'ite

hi ,
    i too suffering from depression . whether u are going for counselling? dont worry . take good rest and pray to god. if we tell our mood disorders to others, no one considering and no one helping me. i too have a mood to suicide. god only have to help us... dont worry. have a good faith in god..