1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Inguinal Hernia !!!

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by SiriVeda, Apr 5, 2009.

1. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Today my DH observed a swelling in the pubic area. We visited a doctor immediately as we were very worried. The doctor examined and confirmed that it is inguinal hernia and its in its very early stages. We will be moving to india soon so we are planning to get it treated there and thats what the doctor too suggested.

Due to ignorance or whatever, this whole thing is scaring me a lot. He is just 28 and we are trying for kids. Will we have a normal life after the treatment ?

Did anyone experience this ? Please give me confidence and please pray for me. I know I have to support him emotionally, but Iam getting psyched.

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear sri veda,
    i do not know anything about this particular thing medically. but as an elderly lady, i am advising you that do not get alarmed. we will all pray for you and your DH. GOD is there. pray to HIM. He will pay heed to your words.hope to get good news from you.
    with love
    pad.

3. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

hello siri,i also dont know much about your dh hernia,but as padmini said dont worry all things will be fine he will be normal soon,u r his strength and if u give up in front of him he will fall weak.so dont worry take care of him and yourself too.we r all here to pray for u.all the best

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Siri ,

I can't give any medical advise on this issue but don't worry as you will be moving to India shortly and it is still in nascent stage , I am sure there is nothing to worry about as the doctor has suggested.

Take care and though we are unable to provide medical expertise we are all here to give you the emotional strength you require.

5. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear Padmini.

Thank you so much.....I hope god will help us, be there with us and guide us. Srimannarayanan dhan paathkkanum :bowdown

6. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear crossiants,

Thank you so much.....Iam hypnotizing myself to get some courage.....I hope god will help us....

7. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear Sabitha,

Thank you so much.....I am trying to be brave and confident.....Thankfully he is not worrying.....I hope things will go fine and we will be on the normal track as soon as possible....

8. shipika

shipika New IL'ite

Dear Sirisha,

My Prayers for ur Husbands fast recovery and to u too, Don't worry everything will be alright. God is Always with us.....

Sorry i am not able to help u out in this regard... But u will sure be in my prayers.

Shipi

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

SiriVeda:
    Since apparently none of you know about this I am chiming in. Inguinal hernia is a super common condition in men especially those who do heavy lifting. It will not affect fertility at all....not related. There is a weak place in men (its just how all men are made!) down there and if a lot of pressure is put on the body especially during lifting the force can weaken that area and things that are normally inside begin to protrude. Your husband is a little young but still not the worry.

The operation is easily done often under a local anesthesia. Afterwards he will not be allowed to lift for about six weeks. You should look for a doctor who does the web surgery as that repair is a little stronger. Consult your doctor in India in case anything newer/better has arrived since last I knew anything about this.

10. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear Shipi,

Thank you so much....I hope things will go fine.....