1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Sinus Solution

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by neets, Mar 2, 2009.

1. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you for the info. I have sinus problems.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Neets:
    Also check out the pots on www.healthandyoga.com. I opted for the the steel version which you only have to fill once. The video that you can get with it has a different method of getting the water out of the nose.

4. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

I have recurrent sinus problem. When one gets a stuffed nose, one of the quick remedies is to boil one cup water. Add one teaspoon of cinnamon powder to it and allow it to boil for 5 more minutes. Then remove from stove and add 1to 1.5 tablespoon of honey. Then drink it like hot tea. Its very helpful. Another useful treatment is at bedtime, drink a cup of milk boiled with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Turmeric has antiseptic properties and this is an age-old home remedy effective to treat sinusitis and infections caused by colds. What I also do when I feel my sinuses are blocked and feel heavy in the morning, I apply deep pressure on the sinus points, press and leave for 20 times with medium strength deeply. The nose secretion will come out in form of cough by this technique so spit it out and don't gulp it back.

5. rose1

rose1 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for sharing:)

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Tranquility:
    Thanks for the tips. Isn't turmeric and milk also good for joint pain?

Here are some more tips:

Chinese White Flower oil (NOT Red Flower Oil which is used for muscle ache) is good for headaches including migraine and also for sinus problems. You put a drop or two on the forehead.

Steam vapoizer is good and when heavily congested you can get natural oils mixture in the pharmacy to put in the water. It has a blend of medicinal oils including eucalytus and you run it in the night when you are sleeping or during the day also.

Mullein tea (herbal) is very effective for expelling mucus and stopping cough and it actually tastes pretty good.

7. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

yep ... and the shape is the same as a vessel used widely in kerala called kindi.... nowdays the same shape plastic ones are also there avaialable in most stores... lots of videos in youtube...some are realy funny... my relative has been using and feel it very effective..she's got 2 kids and she makes them do also......

8. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

yeah turmeric is also very gud...thanks for the info..!!netti pot method was developed in ayurveda..