1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

respiratory problem

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by vidrag, Jun 10, 2008.

1. vidrag

vidrag New IL'ite

hi

my mother is suffering from lung disease called interstitial lung disease
    we are very much worried about that. she is taking steroids for that.
    is any alternative medicines would help her
    pls share

vidrag

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Vidrag,

Most of the lung diseases respond to steroids easier and the relief is quicker. Talk to your mother's pulmonologist for alternative medicines. he should be a better person to advice.

Is she an asthmatic. how did she land up with ILD. have you taken other opinions. How badly affected.

I just have had talks with my cardio, regarding the ild, and i don't use steroids for my wheez attacks.

3. vidrag

vidrag New IL'ite

hi
    thanks for your reply. my mother does not have asthma
    6 mths before she had severe breathing problem especially at night. our family Dr.
    referred to Dr. Raj B singh.of apollo hospitals
    is asthma and ILD are related to each other?

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey vidrag,

No ashthmatic and ILD are not related. I just wanted to know. prolonged uses of steroids when you are asthmatic.

But what is the diagonsis that is why she got. Yes I heard Apollo has a pulmonologist, not aware of the name..

5. Juvi

Juvi New IL'ite

Hello All,
    Can anybody throw some more light on ILD. My Mom has been diagnosed with ILD and we are very much worried about her health. She is no more on steroids. And her health is deteriorating day by day. Doctors say that she got this deasease, as she has RA. She is in her late 40's . She is tired all the time, very irritated and depressed. We dont know how to make her feel better. Can any one refer a good doctor in hyderabad, A.P. Right now she is taking some herbal medications. As she feels allopathic is not working on her.
    I apreciate your input.
    Thankyou.,

6. mrshk

mrshk New IL'ite

hi

Why dont you ask her to try Pranayama [ anulom vilom] and also seek Swami ramdevjis pharma medicines. Pranayama need to be taught thru a yoga teacher.It is v simple and v effective. I have been practicing yoga for years and i am out of many probs. Please try through right channel.

7. samba

samba Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,
    I too have asthma problem from my young age.Now I'm 22 yrs old.What kind of treatment i can take?

8. Jaser

Jaser New IL'ite

The respiratory tract or system is the collective set of parts and tissues which provides for the inhalation of air,the passage of oxygen into the bloodstream,the passage of waste gases out of the bloodstream and the exhalation of those same waste gases into the environment.:bonk

9. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

Quite some ILDs are idiopathic (In lay terms, the cause is unknown). There is little that can be done with those. Only symptomatic relief with palliatives can be given. This is the irritation of the support tissue outside the air sacs (Alveoli) of the lung. In that sense it is not the lung itself having the problem.
    However, it can lead to pulmonary hypertension, which is not a good thing. Steroids can give relief but not necessarily cure the condition. Steroids have their own side effects.

Some Indian born anesthesiologists practicing in the US told me that some of the vigorous pranayama routines popularized in India can do more harm than good. Better check with a good lung chap before embarking on this.

Arunadhri