1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Periodontitis

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by RangoliBgnr, Dec 17, 2015.

1. RangoliBgnr

RangoliBgnr New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I am experiencing periodontal problems.
    1. Swelling in gums.
    2. Bleeding while brushing.
    3. Bad breath.
    4. Layer on teeth when I wake up in the morning.

My dentist has suggested to go for Flap surgery. I have already got scaling done. Scaling helped to keep the bad breath for about 15 days, but now again the symptoms are slowly coming back.

has anyone been through flap surgery? I heard that a lot of care is needed after that. And looks like my mouth is more prone to gum problems, so I am not sure if it will really help me. I am currently in mid 30s.

I am also trying homeopathic medicines in parallel, but not very sure if it will really help.

If anybody has had similar problem pls share your experience.

2. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi rangolibgnr,
    Scaling is done one in 6months. If without n 15 days bad breath is back, then maybe you need to concentrate on oral hygiene. I would suggest you to learn the proper brushing technique like the bass technique of tooth brushing. Use dental floss regularly. Brushing at least twice a day and floss everyday before sleeping. Try this for a month. Take good vitamin B and C in ur diet. U can also take vitamin supplements. If this doesn't work then go for flap surgery. But again post surgery you need same amount of meticulous hygiene. And success rate of flap surgery is not predictable.. ( honestly speaking..... I am a general dentist and I don't believe in flap surgeries as much as I believe in maintainance )
    Hope this helps !
    Regards,
    Cliona