1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

my kid got manal vari ammai

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by keethi, Aug 6, 2015.

1. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Please let me know how to take care of my kid and what all should i do .. he has got manalvari ammai

2. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Hi @keethi,

Chicken box is contagious,so take care of your kid and others in your home.

Try and give lots of fluids like juice and coconut water.Avoid spicy and oily foods.

Probably rest of the ILs can guide you more.

Take care and hope that your kid recovers fast.

3. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

check out this site for chicken pox care.
    Understanding Chickenpox -- Treatment

chickenpox is contagious, so be careful and avoid other kids around the child. You might already have the vaccine.

4. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Keethi,

Manal vari is not chicken pox but called valayatu ammai. In chicken pox you get small blisters on the skin. But in manal vari you get something like prickly heat.

I dont know how old your kid is. But nowadays vaccines are given to avoid this.

But once it comes the child gets natural immunity. Keep the child indoors. It generally goes away on its own without any medication. But give paracetamol to keep the fever down.

Nothing to worry about and the child will be fine soon

Regards
    Uma

5. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Not sure what is the medical terminology for what you have said. But it is not chicken pox. In chicken pox as the other IL told is in the form of blisters. There is vaccine for the chicken pox. How old is your kid? The question is what is this condition. There are a lots of conditions causing the rash. Has your child been vaccinated and if so is it uptodate. The kids get MMR vaccine at around 18m which would cover all three diseases which cause rash. Apart from that a lot of other diseases can cause rash. Important thing is to keep the child hydrated well and also give paracetamol if having fever. Nothing else to be done. I cannot give any particular diagnosis as there are no further details available.