1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Gas troubles - 69 year old woman

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Rajnigandha, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Rajnigandha

Rajnigandha Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

My mom is 69 years old and she has trouble with gas. She gets gas after lunch almost everyday. We believe its gas because she says it keeps moving in her stomach (mostly below the navel) and then slowly reaches her head causing a headache. She is a lean slim lady with very good eating habits. She does not eat spicy, unhealthy, junk or outside food. Her food intake is also less. She eats regularly every few hours. She goes for 30 minute walk daily and does pranayam too. She tried eliminating dairy, and wheat from her diet. She is a vegetarian. We tried all sorts of ideas, but nothing seems to work. Rather, we are unable to find a cause of her gas. Please suggest some causes so she can lead a happy life.

Thank you loads.

2. kasturijadhav

kasturijadhav New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am suffering from similar problem ,I did sonography and umbilical hernia has been detected.

sindmani likes this.
  3. murphybaby77

murphybaby77 Gold IL'ite

Same problem to my aunty,but it's in lower abdominal area exspecially thigh joints.
    she was diagnosed as hernia ,now operation has done.she is perfectly OK now.
    she oo lean with perfect food habits.
    so do proper diagnosis.
    poorni

4. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Hello,
    Please try to take triphala for 15 days. Follow instructions on how to take. Gas is also due to increase in yeast in our body- sometimes.
    Remove all yeast food from her diet- idli- the ones that are fermented, and take out things that feed yeast- sugar, fruits
    Excellent choice for this 15 days is- fats, protein, green veggies- things that won't ferment if left alone.

After 15 days check if she is feeling better. Also, get the hernia possibility checked.

sindmani likes this.