1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hemoglobin....

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by chocogal26, Jun 17, 2015.

1. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I went for blood test. Today i got my report.

Q. What should be the highest hemoglobin for women ? Mine is very low.
    Q. Any body know what is " Erythrocyte sedimentation Rate" mine is very high?
    Q. what is Liver Function test "Alkaline Phosphatase" , mine is very high?

Choco

2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

See here.

See here.

See here.

For details about the tests and interpreting your results, click on the 'Definition' and the 'Results' links respectively on the left of the pages. Talk to your physician about what the results imply for your health.

3. reya123

reya123 New IL'ite

Hello,
    To Increase HB, you must eat Beetroot & Dates. It will help to increase HB level.

4. DrMrunalini

DrMrunalini New IL'ite

The report shows you are facing some digestive problem. Increased ESR level shows you have some infection in body. And left report shows some problem in liver function. Just consult your doctor. You need treatment. Don't neglect. Some minor treatment will all things right. Ignorance mY lead to problem.

5. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Results are always interpreted with history which includes your age, symptoms and signs and the diagnosis will depend on those and the tests done will be to rule in or rule out diagnosis. No diagnosis can be given based on the information you have given.
    Any how the probabilities on what you have written- low Hb- will need info on how low and if so any symptoms which lead to that. Also will need to check your iron levels. If there is no cause found for the low Hb need further investigations.
    Elevated ESR- a lot of causes, can be inflammatory or infective- however will not give any diagnosis and can be used as a marker of treatment success.( except in certain condition in elderly)
    Alk Phos- how high and the significance of it alone depends on the other liver enz levels etc.
    In short no one can give you any diagnosis based on what you have given here. Your doctor can go thro all these stuff and give you an answer.
    My answer is late, I am sure you would have an answer by this time.