1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding dental teeth cleaning in US

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by preethi91, May 23, 2015.

1. preethi91

preethi91 New IL'ite

I need information regarding teeth cleaning in US.when I was in india,i used to go for cleaning every six months.my husband's company is sponsoring united health care insurance.So far,We dont have any need for doctor's visit.my friend told me that we have to make the dentist appointment through primary doctor.Is that true?how much they will charge for cleaning the teeth?pls reply friends..

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

You can choose your dentist and call up for an appointment if you have a valid dental insurance. No need to go through primary care.

1 person likes this.
  3. preethi91

preethi91 New IL'ite

@chitravivek - Thanks for your response.If u dont have valid dental insurance,how much they will charge for cleaning?

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Do you have a separate dental insurance plan? If so you can call a dentist directly. Dental insurance plans usually offer two cleanings per year.
    Some medical insurance plans offer a limited dental benefit. If yours is like this, call the insurance company or see the plan brochure for details.

5. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

dental cleaning is considered as preventive treatment, and under most plans they are free of charge. But if the dentist finds some cavity during the visit he will schedule a followup to fix that and there will be a charge for that work. If you still have a doubt call the customer number on your insurance card and ask them. They will tell you what is free, what is not and how much you will have to pay and for what

6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

HI OP,
    I recently got my teeth cleaning. You can directly call any dental of your choice and check if your insurance covers them.

Normally, its not fully covered and its quite expensive. I had upgraded my dental insurance and I think i paid about 500$ for 2 appointments (no root canal)

One for thing, before upgrading my insurance, I was seeing some other dentist who gave me 2500 estimates for whole procedure ( canal,scaling, planing, after treatment).