1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

I am feeling depressed

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by anurinesh, Feb 1, 2015.

1. anurinesh

anurinesh Silver IL'ite

hi
    i am feeling depressed sometimes once in 15 days i feel that i am not making my family happy /I am not good at cooking /i am not giving much time to my dd/always i want to do is sit on laptop and read articles /news and indiatimes news online

in mid i do cooking/exercise/cleaning and only 5-10 minutes play with my dd two times a day but i dont know then also i am feeling alone
    noone to share my feelings.
    husband got tired and came from office by 7.00 p.m
    he also need some free time and then dinner and some play time with dd
    then he is having trainning 9.00 to 10.00
    and off to bed thats all happening in our family life
    once a week we go out for grocery shopping/walmart
    once a month there is party someone birthdays anniversary etc
    once a month get together
    once a month visit to temple
    my life is busy.
    only thing in my life is no friends at all.People are their to talk but we cannot talk everything to them
    i think i need a friend to talk about my feelings my husband is like my friend only but the only problem is he dont like all those household talks such as we ladies talk what we did all day
    he is not interested in all those talks
    presently we are living in usa family of three me my dh and dd
    in India we have a very large family total members were 15 including all kids
    whole day we work talk and in evening we play enjoy and last we all together in night watch tv.
    here nothing happens may be that is the cause of getting bored and feeling depressed sometimes
    how you ladies time pass in usa and overcome from depression

2. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Hi @Anurinesh
    You have all the things like party that a ladie want
    So why do you feel depresstion
    You can share your difficulties with your mother or husband or who is close with you
    You should consider your husband as your friend
    Regards,
    Sahana

1 person likes this.
  3. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I know the feeling. It helped me a lot when I turned to my hobbies. I started knitting, and trying out new recipes. You can read book, or take up a part time job.
    The main thing is to do something that makes you happy, and always remember that you are loved and cherished. It starts by loving oneself and hence taking care of oneself.

Take care!

1 person likes this.
  4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Have you tried to get to know other moms in your area? Try to chat in the playground, sign up for some volunteering activities (where you can take your kid along), participate in some hobby classes. It is great that your dh is your best friend but it is good to have also other friends.

1 person likes this.
  5. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

Hey OP,

Despite all you are doing for your family, it is very easy to fall into the trap of routine, isolation and stagnation (especially if you are staying at home or you're the only adult around in your space and if you don't feel like you're getting acknowledgement for your efforts or feeling any personal growth). Apart from the need for socializing with a trusted friend/group (which makes sense considering how humans are, after all, social creatures), it sounds like you need some YOU time, to be honest.

I would encourage you to find ways to get out of the house with your LO. Take her on a day trip outside somewhere that you too will enjoy or try going to a new place like a calm stroll in a nature park. There's this new iOS app called Mommy Nearest that has many resources for parents on the go, including nice places for indoor or outdoor activities. You can also consider meetup.com where there's plenty of parents and mommy groups.

Depending on how old your LO is, you can try sending her to one-hour play classes (http://gymboreeclasses.com/en/classes/gymboree-play-learn/?gclid=CLiP0fO9wcMCFU5gfgodjS4AMA) where she gets to play and interact with kids. I believe these are also nice in preparation for school. If it doesn't require your supervision, then you find something that you would like to do during that time. That can be anything you like, maybe it's going to the gym, taking yoga or zumba that gets you out of your day-to-day. Maybe it's another hobby altogether! Maybe it's simply a little bit of pampering that comes in the form of a hair cut, a pedicure or manicure?

You know, the other thing this reminds me of is how many freelancers who work from home feel after some time. Sure, the flexibility is great and the fact that you don't have to dress up for work every morning! But after some time, you begin to miss the little social interactions that come alongside the job, hearing folks talk about what they did over the weekend or even taking on a challenge and accomplishing it as you learn new things.

I also really like the suggestion of a P/T job, especially if you're given flexibility to work from home

Also, I hope this comic makes you smile: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/working_home

2 people like this.