1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

health problems post partum

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by sanjuruby3, Nov 25, 2014.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi All

I delivered 5 months ago and with in 1-2 months of delivery, I reached same weight the day I delivered.
    I was normal pre-preg and big in pregnancy but had healthy and normal pregnancy.

But after baby I was tired all the time with back ache ( lower back and tailbone). I ate lot of ghee and all that probably because of that my weight doubled up and I can see loose skin hanging everywhere.

10 weeks PP, I returned to work with same back ache and weight. And now 5months PP, my back ache has increased to all sides - upper,lower , tailbone.
    My hair knots and falls severely which I know if common PP and I get tired so easily .

Had some blood tests. Found out I am on border of sugar, high glucose, abnormal AST, low Vit D.

My baby never latched and was mostly on FF so that could be one reason.

I know these things are possible after delivery. Anyone had same case, what is the treatment for that? any medication, exercises.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

First go to a doctor and get evaluated to see if the back ache is due to over weight or something else. If its due to weight hit to the gym regularly and try to get a personal trainer so that she can train you better without hurting your back further.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

OP:
    Do you think it might be possible that you broke your tailbone during delivery? I would suggest seeing an osteopath or a chiropractor for an evaluation. Those are very slow to heal and really painful.

I would also suggest that before you do any exercise program you get the other stuff worked out. It may be that you are so overtired after delivery that your body is having a hard time handling it and doing more exercise might be a wrong choice for a while. Work on getting your nutrition and sleep under control, check with appropriate doctors as to the other stuff. A nutritionist might be helpful to work out an eating pattern after you figure what the basic problem is.

Hang in there...things will get better. Post partum is a tough time hormonally and other ways.

4. lalithasharma9

lalithasharma9 Bronze IL'ite

I think yoga works good for Back ache. You will get a great relief.

5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks girls. I am going to see my GYN today for blood test results. I know she is going to tell me -no grains at all. Being Indian, it is part of our food. Without grains, what do i eat that too in winter.
    Plus I get so constipated with salads and gassy. With baby, work and aching body, I do not need all these problems.
    I am planning to hire a private gym instructor for few weeks, at least I will feel motivated to lose weight.