1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

7 Year Old son has Vision Problem

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by kaviviru, Sep 30, 2014.

1. kaviviru

kaviviru Senior IL'ite

I am a mother of 7 Years old son .... He recently complained that he has double vision (Thank god that he was able to identify his problem on his own) and I immediately took him to Shushurtha Eye Hospital in Mysore . The doctor did the basic tests and suspected that there is a vision problem (Shortsightedness) and ask me to come down for few more tests after his mid term exam.
    As a mother I really cant take this ....I really cant see him wearing glasses at this young age .... bcos he is very naughty and like to play a lot ... I really cant tell him to remove his glasses while playing .... to be careful while he is in the school and handle it carefully on his own.... be attentive when there is some fun activity among his friends so that no one pokes his glasses ....:cry:

I am not thinking of any surgery since he is very young.

I have heard long back that there is some ayurvedic therapy or treatment in kerala which can correct these vision problems ....Hence I would request all the mothers to help me and share the details of this treatment so that I can see my son enjoy his childhood with out glasses.

1 person likes this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Kaviviru,

:welcome to IL family,

Please visit Ashram (Mother's) Eye Hospital, you will surely feel happy that you have gone to the right place.

Such young age correction is possible, so please don't use specs now, but may be you have spend two weeks there, visit once for consultation and then decide, Do update.

Address: The School for Perfect Eyesight,
    2a Lally Tollendal Street (Rue Lally Tollendal),
    Near Taluk Office,
    Pondicherry 605 002

Phone: 0413 2233659

Compulsory Age requirements:
    1. Should have completed 7 years of age. Children below 10 should be accompanied by one parent compulsorily
    2. Should be below 40 years of age.

Anywhere between one week to fortnight stay is required, Ashram Guest houses are available at nominal rates in the vicinity and also food coupons can be received

May Baba bless your Kiddoo and guide you too, Thanks, SAIRAM

3. kaviviru

kaviviru Senior IL'ite

Thank you Sakthi Sister .. Thank you very much for your suggestion... You saved my life ....

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

kaviviru,

i agree it is going to be a little difficult for a 7 year to manage spects. but if it is necessary, he needs to wear it, and for that he needs your guidance and open minded ness.

most opthalmologists will not recommend glasses if it is a minor issues. because with kids, with proper light, proper diets and a few eye exercises things can be corrected very well. infact i know for sure upto .25-.5 the doctor does not give spects.

check out the ashram's eye programme it has helped a lot of people. saisakthi has given all the details.

i would only say that spects is a very small issues please do not think it is something so big that your child is suffering. there are plastic lenses, child safe lenses these days, and i am sure the vision correction numbers are not that big as to wear them while playing. so do not panic even before the test results come.
    i know of kids of ilites who wear from 4 and 5 years. so be a supportive and strong mom. consider that it is a blessing that you caught it so early..

give your son lots of greens, fruits, carrots.

also check this thread. http://www.indusladies.com/forums/toddlers/57773-kids-and-eye-glasses.html

i hope you take it in the right way.

1 person likes this.
  5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Kavivaru,

Sairam, Its Baba's wish to get directions, the first thing that your boy was able to tell you about his difficulty and next you are getting right directions, so it is on the right track by god's grace.

Take it as it comes, I know children who have removed glasses after visiting/staying at the above place, Just need to follow exercises and food habits which are prescribed for sometime and soon he will be normal.

Sister Shanvy has also suggested some food routine, try to include them too.

Take Care, Don't Panic. May Baba guide you always, SAIRAM

6. kaviviru

kaviviru Senior IL'ite

Thank you Shanvy and Shakti Sister... I am never expected that I will get a positive response so very soon .... I just called my mom and told them that my Indus Sisters gave me a good resolution for my son's problem and even she was very happy ...

Thanks a lot

1 person likes this.