1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Query on Ear Infection in adults

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by vibha_81, Feb 7, 2014.

1. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Hi ILites,

I had a middle ear infection and then an outer ear infection within a gap of one month last summer. Doctors first gave me medicine for viral infection then a different doctor prescribed for bacterial infection which finally cured it(Took 3 months in total for the whole process). I had a hearing test and everything was declared fine. However i have the buzzing sound in my ear and it gets enhanced when i use ear phones, sleep on the left ear which was infected. I also noticed the amount of wax generated regularly in the ear has increased and it itches sometimes. Since the doctor has told me not to use ear buds or cotton at all i am at a loss what to do. And sometimes there is slight pain in that ear but it goes away after half a day. I am planning to get it checked with a doctor in India next month when i go to India. My sister's MIL had an outer ear infection and she says that she still has the buzzing sound in her ear after 2 years. I asked the doctor who cured it about these and he says its normal:rant

Do any of you guys have these symptoms even after sometime of the ear infection? What did you guys do other than going from doctor to doctor?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Go through this link to understand the reasons. You said it is after ear infection, wax building etc. which is also the reason behind that. Tinnitus (Ringing in the Ears) Causes, Symptoms, Treatments

Did you talk to your doctor regarding the excess wax formation? a Herb called Thiruneetru pachai (in tamizh) is considered best for curing any ear ailment. The leaves are crushed and two drops is applied into the ears. I have not seen the plant. Only heard its medicinal properties. you may google for it or just approach any Siddha Medicine practiioner who will help you.

Never use earphones. that will only further damage your ears especially when you are facing ear problems.

Wish you a speedy recovery

1 person likes this.
  3. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much mimur9 for the suggestions...will look for any medicines with this plant extract or plant leaves when i go to India next month...I have heard of two other cases where the ringing sound did not go away after the ear infection...the wax part is very irritating and i have heard of some homeopathy drops which will melt the wax...I am scared to use the wax removing tools available here

My doctor said that it is normal after checking the hearing test results and if i reiterate about the side effects he behaves like he has selective hearing...may be he should have an hearing test too:)

4. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vibha,

Please consult a neurologist and take an EEG. It may be a sign of common migraine.

Your ears may be fine< it's the brain that gives you the perception of ringing effect.

I had this two years back and none of the medicines worked. I got used to it. Not sure about the wax formation though.

5. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Actually its only one ear i have a problem with the ringing sound, the one i had ear infection in. But will have a checkup for Migrane as i got the infection because of a cold. Thank you for the suggestion:thumbsup

6. alekya12

alekya12 New IL'ite

hi,

i too have ear infection and it has been nearly 1 year and its not getting cured and i also used antibiotics drops and im using homeopathy for it can homeopathy help me ?