1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

tonsillectomy

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by shreyacharan, Dec 10, 2013.

1. shreyacharan

shreyacharan New IL'ite

My daughter is 6.2 yrs old .she has got tonsillitis from past 2 yrs but now doctor says it 's time to remove her tonsils because she is unable to breathe through her nose, very slow eater,bad breathe,vomiting and also she has glue formation in her right ear. doctor also says that her ear also has to be operated, sometimes she complains of ear ache if she is having cold.She is on medication antibiotic altacef,metaspray,xylomist nasal drops,montek lc kid and bricanyl for cough. Is surgery really required and after surgery will she have a normal life without any side effects? I am really worried and don't know what to do. And if anybody knows a good ENT please let me know, since we stay in Bangalore.please help if anybody has similar problem.

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My sister had her tonsils operation when she was 5 years old. Before that she used to get cough, cold, fever every week. She was on antibiotics almost every week. The doctor recommended getting her operated. After the operation my sis was feeling so much better. There were no side effects.

We did take a second opinion before proceeding.

This happened several years ago. But it is still valid in the current environment. Do take a second opinion before proceeding with the operation.

3. LathaShanmugam

LathaShanmugam Junior IL'ite

Hi

I was operated for same reason at age of 9,i too faced same issue,always under medication and will get cold very easily.After having consultation with different doctors,my parents accepted for operation.after that i'm fine and didn't face any issues till now.It happened 20 years back,now technology has developed lot in medical field,nothing to worry about side effects.

Still if u have doubt go for second opinion with your doctor.