1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hypo And Hyper Thyroid

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by gauridatta, Apr 2, 2008.

1. gauridatta

gauridatta New IL'ite

Hello dear ladies
    Now-a dayz the problem is becoming worse and most women are getting affected by it.
    Lets discuss some thing on it
    I am hypothyroid (subclinical, TSH 8.8) Doc said its ok a lil higher but u can do with it without medicine but i had missing periods syndromes most of the time in a year so i insisted on taking the tabs
    Can anybody tell me the yoga or ex. which can naturally combat this prob. ?
    Can eating grapefruit anytime in a day affect the absorbption of the hormone in my body?
    I am on medicine currently and take EUTHYROX 25mili gram
    AGE 27
    HT: 5.5
    WT: 68 KGS.
    I WISH TO REDUCE 8 KGS trying hard keep myself busy and do lot of cardio's can see lot of improvement but wish to c more
    PLZ SUGGEST ME GUIDE ME I NEED UR HELP TO COMBAT THIS PROBLEM AT AN EARLY STAGE

2. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

hi mee to vin hypothy. is there a natural way to bring back to normal?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  3. vidhya25

vidhya25 Senior IL'ite

even i am suffering from hypo thyroid
    after having medicine for a month now i have reduced at least 2-3 kgs of weight , i have tried few exercises to reduce weight like walking for 15-20 min after lunch n dinner . Even i want to know how to reduce tsh .

4. swetakiran

swetakiran New IL'ite

hi all,

try to avoid peanut, cabbage, corn its proven to effect absorption of iodine in body, and no white sugar, proccessed food, caffiene until harmone is balanced, for hypothyroid its proven to take coconut oil so , thyroid problem is cured, its surprising!!, check out coconutoil.com. anyway be sure to take medicine and following above things does not harm much , once you are feeling ok and after blood tests are done you can discuss with docter to reduce dosage or completly stop.

good luck, shwetha

5. Marikeerthi

Marikeerthi Bronze IL'ite

hi ,
    i am hypothyroid of TSH 7. After medication my TSH came back to normal. But i dont think we can stop taking medication completely.The doc advised me to take regular chech up at every 6 months and continue with medicines life long. May be the medicines dosage will be reduced i think.

6. vinutha07

vinutha07 New IL'ite

hi all,
    i am also suffering from hyperthyroid.am trying to reduce wt but without success.hope some of the above tips help me.
    everytime i go for a checkup my dosage has been increased.am worried don't know what to do.Witsend
    any suggestions r welcome

regards
    vinutha

7. swetakiran

swetakiran New IL'ite

dear marikeerthi and vinutha,

marikeerthi i think u should have second opinion, when my MIL had hyperthyroid she took medication then once normalised[ 21/2 months] later she stopped, after 3 yrs she had symptoms then again after check up she took medicine then stopped when she was feeling fine. i told her to go for alternative medicine but she wont trust any, anyways it also depends on individual and sevearity , its always better to follow docter, as there will be misdiagnosis most of the time, my suggestion is to have second opinion on continuing medication.

vinutha you said u had hyper so , u should be loosing weight without doing anything, iam surprised u cant loose weight, check with u r doc once again, what i have told is diet alterations, which my sis did for hyper and was soon normalised, dont leave medication, have second opinion.

take care ,

shweta kiran

8. mjohney

mjohney Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    It is said thatv grape fruit can help weight loss.

9. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

hi iam hypo-thy and taking levothyroxine.
    as i read in other sites, the intake of medicine should not be stopped even though the symptoms vanish.
    and sweta,thanks for your information on food intake . i dint realise cabbage reduces iodine content in our body.
    and the information about coconut oil usage is helpful. will have to try it out and see

10. Susmitha Nair

Susmitha Nair New IL'ite

hello.. i am hypothyroid and now under control after taking eltroxin 50 mg. but few months before some how it increased and my dosage doubled. now under control by the grace of god. and i avoid eating cabbag (i dont like it too).. nor mally i dont eat grapefruit. and i use coconut oil for making most of the curries except frying pappad and all..but my weight is ot reducing. may be becoz of my les active life style.