1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Bleeding while cutting nails

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by dhanman, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhanman

dhanman New IL'ite

Hi all,

Please help as I am in a great tension, when I was cutting my 4 months old baby, he started crying, when I saw,his nails were bleeding,I sucked it and bleeding stopped,then I washed with water,applied baby cream and put some powder and again washed with water. Little red color is still there, I am worried whether I want to take him to pediatrician?it will become sceptic?or will it cause fever? Please help..

Thank u in advance

2. ramyapradeep

ramyapradeep Silver IL'ite

come on.no worries..this is not at all a problem.by mistake you could have cut a little tissue and that would have caused bleeding.No need of a pediatrician or anything.It will be alright the next day.it had happened couple of time with my kiddo too.
    if you were using a normal nail cutter henceforth use a baby nail cutter.that would not harm the tissues even if its cut accidentally.

1 person likes this.
  3. dhanman

dhanman New IL'ite

Thank u ramya..I sucked the blood from his fingers, by seeing the blood oozing. after that it came in to mind whether it will cause any infection to him..

4. ziesha001

ziesha001 Junior IL'ite

I never heard before bleeding while nail cutting. but that could be hpnd you cut some tissue. no need to worry about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.