1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Servere Gas Problem.. pls help

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by InduPavan, Feb 6, 2012.

1. InduPavan

InduPavan New IL'ite

Hi,

I have been suffering from gas problem for the last one year. Doc in India gave me a 5 day course of Metrogyl and Minicycline. the gas is gone for a week and again , it is back. I have already taken this course twice till no help. Please help as it is getting worse. I have tried all home remedies like Garlic , hing in buttermilk and adding ginger while cooking sundal et.No help.

Kindly give me suggestions. As I am a working woman, this problem has even caused me less confidence to go to work. I cry most of the times.. pls help

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Have you contacted a general physician where you live? It could be bigger problem than just gas. If its troubling you so much for so long, you should try to go and check it out for good.

Try eating right and avoid all food that might cause gas for a while and see. Avoid sundal too. I have heard from friends who complain of gas after eating certain lentils and cereals.

3. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Try changing diet... May be lactose-intolerance (avoid milk for few days and check) or gluten-intolerance(avoid wheat based products for few days).

1 person likes this.
  4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

yup I agree food is the major culprit ....milk, some types of lentils, tamarind, tomatoes, potatoes, garlic , .....these foods cause gas....pls avoid all types of masala food....just have bland food and see the diff. and you can figure which food is causing the gas issue. (also check what did you do differently that you had this problem suddenly!!!) weather change? water change? food change?

read the info here...Ways To Reduce Gassiness: Certain Foods May Cause Gas

5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Gastric Problems are sometimes when long prolonging, may not be due to diet, I am not alarming you but alerting you to think on that angle.

Are you over stressed in balancing work and home or anxiety over some prudent issues that is nagging at the back of your mind, may or may not be, but I experienced similar situation in the instance of my DH, just sharing it with you.

We had tried out all remedies with respect to Gastric issues nearly for 6 months and even visited couple of occasions to a famous Gastroentrologist but reports showed "normalcy"

After couple of months on taking few opinions from my friends in the medicine field it was analysed that he being a mama boy was missing his mom internally though he never practically expressed it. When you are over anxious about nagging issues lot of acids are created and especially when your intestines have digested the food and it is empty it even penertrates the walls of the skin creates uneasiness.

To seek remedy assess for yourself if you have any pressures on you, if yes please take biscuits, (some solid food) at regular intervals and never leave your stomach empty, Reduce coffee/milk and eat at intervals. NO JUNK FOODS especially Gas aerated Drinks. But the actual relief is to over come your anxiety or stress that is causing this trouble to solve your problem.

Get well soon and keep us updated

6. InduPavan

InduPavan New IL'ite

Thank you all for takin your time to answer my problem. I will try to follow the above said and post the results in a week .. I am just praying god that my health issue gets resolved ..

7. allzzwell

allzzwell New IL'ite

I had the same problem for few months and went to various doctors to get checked, but everything came normal, and even I was at the same boat worrying about it... but when I went for some other check-up and while chatting with the nurse, she said it might be yeast infection in the intestine (as she had the same symptoms what I mentioned - I used to burp a lot too) and told me to avoid milk, wheat (gluten), and to eat food that does not break down into sugar immediately. So, I changed my diet completely - no milk, no wheat, no banana, no sweets, no potato, no carrots, no beetroot, no mushroom, no chips, no juices, no cookies, no white rice, no peanuts. It was very hard the first week, but after a week I kind of got used to the new diet and it showed me a difference after 3 weeks or so.... now I am eating brown rice, with vegs, egg, garlic (helps fight yeast infection), coconut milk, apples, strawberries, nuts (almonds, cashews). Now, I do not have the problem, but not sure how long I am supposed to follow this new diet... try changing the diet and be stress-free and see if it helps. If not, you should go and get it checked.

1 person likes this.
  8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]Hi Indupavan, [​IMG] to IL Health Forum. There are many reasons behind the gas problem as other ILites have pointed out viz., stress, a slight imbalance in digestive juice secretion, Infection, etc. Adding to that let me share few points with you.

Contact a general physician, get your liver & gallblader checked.
    If you are having ready to eat foods e.g. noodles, vadais,bajjis etc., first avoid that completely.

For few days follow a sathvic diet and see :-

1. Stop coffee if you are used to drinking coffee. If you cannot stop it, then better try to have black coffee (coffee without milk) as milk + Coffee combination produce gas.
    2. Eat at regular intervals (this reduce the load to your stomach thus helping only limited gastric juice to be produced for digestion)
    3. Boil water adding little turmeric powder, add buttermilk to it and warm it (do not boil as it will precipitate). Mix it with plain rice.
    4. For side dish have plain boiled vegetables which does not produce gas. Go for native vegetables viz., Elephant Yam, Ashgourd, Bittergourd (avoid pumpkin, other root vegetables).
    5. No ginger if you have acidity.
    6. In Indian store ask for 'naarthangaai' which is very good for you stomach, gives taste & flavour to your sathvic food.
    7. Rice kanji is good for dinner. If you don't feel like having it as it is, you can mix in fresh curd & have it with the narthangaai or little boiled vegetable.
    8. Have plenty of water
    9. Do exercise as it will help you to release the gas.
    10. Stress is also a factor as other ILite has said which produce digestive problems. So keep yourself calm which is very important for a healthy life. Never take anything to heart.
    11. Keep yourself happy by listening to your favourite music while doing chores at home as well as before going to sleep which will relax you.
    12. After you recover, continue your sathvic diet with less oil, less spice, less fried / sauted food.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery[/JUSTIFY]

9. InduPavan

InduPavan New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

First thing i did was to stop coffee ( basically Milk ) n Milk Products .. I could say that there is a good difference in my health.. Second i take sundal only once in a week that too very little quantity.Then I avoided sweets , cakes , ice creams.
    But i did take fruits. Avoided soya products,cauliflower, deep fried items and carbonated drinks like Pepsi, Coke.
    It has been a significant improvement in health.
    Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences , facts and helping me .

Thanks to you all..