1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What do you believe about eye twitching?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by sudhakec, Dec 29, 2011.

1. sudhakec

sudhakec Junior IL'ite

hi all,

do u have any belief in eye twitching? my right eye is twitching. my friends told some bad things going to happen... is it? or any medical reason behind this?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Sudhakec, welcome to IL health forum.

It is the scary wild imaginations which are more dangerous than eye twitching. As keep thinking about neagtives will make the negative energy around us strong and any co-incidence will be associated to it easily. So be positive, & calm. The main factor which cause this is stress & strain. so give sufficient rest to your eyes.

go through this link to have a better understanding of this problem. Do not get scared. you can always consult your eye doctor.

Eye Twitching, Twitching Eye, Eye spasms - Causes, Treatment & Forums

Many a times, they go on their own.

1 person likes this.
  3. neetaraj

neetaraj New IL'ite

hi!
    nothing happens really .i'm having it when i was quite young.it starts anytimegoes on for month ,nothinghappenhappens.stops itself.just causes irritation that is the bad thing.

4. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Eye twitching, or myokymia, is an involuntary spontaneous and uncontrolled spasms of the eyelid muscle that usually affects the eyelid.

There is no known cause for eye twitching. It is is usually a sign that you need to take a break and relax.

Eye twitching at-times may develops during times of increased stress, anxiety, high caffeine intake, fatigue or excessive squinting, lack of sleep, alcohol or smoking, dry eyes and eye infection. It may also occur after reading, working on a computer, watching television,eye exposure to bright lights for prolonged periods of time.

If there is a more serious medical concern to reoccurance and prolonged eyelid twitches, a medical evaluation shoud be done with your doctor's consultation.

Thanks