1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The secret of being happy

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Huma, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

Hi

Friends ask u every day: "How are you?" Without thinking you reply: "Fine thanks. But is this true? Are you really happy?

Being happy gives us a sense of wellbeing and inner strength and we need four different areas of strength

- physical
    - mental/psychological
    - personal and emotional

Here's on how to achieve this.....

- Take 'me time'
    Give yourself 'me time' everyday. This can be meditation, a cup of tea, yoga, a short walk or simply time to tune into your feelings. The better you treat yourself, the better life will treat you.

- Say yes
    Know what you most want to say yes to in your life. The clearer you are about this, the easier you'll find it to say no to what isn't important. Work out what your priorities are. Ask yourself: "What comes first today?"

- Identify your strengths
    You probably know what you are not very good at, but may have no idea where your real talents lie. Make a list of all your strengths...in life, relationships and work. Real strength starts with knowing what your true strengths are and being able to use them.

continue next time...........

sindmani, mimur9, bhucat and 3 others like this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

It is true, Huma.

those are the 'mechanical answers' we say to and get it from others.
    As you had said 'take your time' say 'yes' and to 'identify the strengths' n our will sure make us feel and be happy.

sriniketan

3. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

I love this can you resume.

4. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

_ Get help:hiya

Don't try to 'do' life on your own without any help from others. Think about who you could be asking for more support. Be willing to receive help.

- Identify the next step
    Imagine you have reached the point in your life where it's time to 'take the next step.' This might be in work, relationships or your life in general. Ask the five people closest to you what they think your next step should be and be open to the possibilities.

- Be grateful
    Gratitude is a short cut to happiness. Write down moments you are truly grateful for. Think about relationships, people, experiences, places, books and songs. The more you will be truly grateful for.

- Take note of stress
    Stress is an invitation to change something. It's not bad or wrong....just information. It's a memo in your brain that says....help...get support.
    What is your stress trying to tell you and what positive change can you make?

- Nurture relationships
    Relationships are at the heart of success in life and work, but busy lives can mean that our most important relationships don't get enough attention.
    Ask yourself.....Who could i be spending more time with? And... Who could i be listening to more?...Once you know the answers, do something about it.

_ Don't wait to be happy
    One of the biggest blocks to happiness is that we're waiting to be happy. We want life to get better so we can be happy. But life won't get better until we choose to be happy. Happiness is a way of travelling not a destination. Choose to be happy for no good reason. make a conscious decision to be happy and see how this affects the rest of your day.

bye

sindmani, mimur9, bhucat and 2 others like this.
  5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

nicely written, Huma.
    The last one is very true.
    Very useful tips to follow, Thanks Huma!

sriniketan

6. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

ur welcome dear.....

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai huma dear

Very nice message

I liked each and every lines, but touched by Be greatful and Nuture relationships and the last one................

Thank u for sharing.............

keep posting

8. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Hi Huma

The last few lines are very true.

Lakshmi

9. auro1000

auro1000 New IL'ite

Hi Huma

Your message was too good...shall start practicising from today

10. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Huma,

I loved ur two posts. Very good messages to learn in life. Thanks for sharing with us.
    I also need to practice this. :)