1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Tissue in Gallbladder. Suggest good Doctors in Chennai

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by LLavanya, May 2, 2011.

1. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I need ur valuable information to choose a doctor and hospital. When checked in my native, my mother is informed that she is having some tissue in gallbladder which is supposed to be removed immediately and doctors are suggesting to remove the uterus also. We have decided to do surgery in chennai.

Please tell me which doctor to consult. I know one hospital in chrompet but considering the distance we are in the option to choose one more. Please key in ur suggestions. Thanks a lot in advance.

2. GeethaMR

GeethaMR Silver IL'ite

Lavi, see this doctor. He is good. Maybe option of surgery may not be needed?

Dr. RangaPrasad Bhat

15/7,Thiruvalluvar Koil St,Mylapore, Chennai

3. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your kind reply Geetha.

4. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

For one surgery, we are facing so many problems.

At first we have been informed about herenia and cyst in uterus and now after taking SCAN in Gem hospital, it is been informed that gall bladder crystals are problem. They told uterus can be removed after some time like that. We are satisfied in doing 2 operations. So we consulted one surgeon in chennai, he asked to take scan from bharath scans. The report shows,

Cyst in uterus,
    Herenia
    Gall bladder crystals, The surgeon asked us not to go for surgery and if pain comes we will see like that. For safety purpose we consulted dr prasanna kumar reddy from Appollo hospitals. He told gall bladder surgery is important as some tissue like stuff is found. As of now we can leave cyst and herenia, since there was no pain. Just wanted to confirm about the process , to corss check whether the task which are diong is fine. Shall we go for surgery. Is this doctor good? Please key in valuable suggestion.

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi lavanya,

Its always better to take another opinion from a good doctor. Now a days removal of gallbladder has become a common factor and the reason mainly quoted is 'tissue like growth'. My FIL was burping a lot and when checked the doctors said he had a tissue like growth in the gallbladder, hence it need to be removed. Now its more than 6 years since it was removed but he don't feel any better with regard to burping. I have heard from couple of my relatives too who had undergone such a surgery.

whatever it is we cannot ignore them completely also. so have a second opinion on that. as the doctors you have consulted are giving contradictory replies.

Decide only when you are convinced with the doctor's reply. All the best.

6. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Thanks mimur. I was really happy to see ur reply. We decided to do surgery. Doctor is suggesting to do herenia later.

Mostly we will do the surgery by friday. Please pray for my mother.

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Good that surgery is going to be conducted by Friday. I wish you and your mother All the best. Don't worry, I will [​IMG] for your mother. All is going to be well.

8. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Thanks Mimur. I m so happy with your reply.

9. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

HI,

Can you please suggest where you did the surgery and how is your mom feeling now?
    How much did it cost? My mom is having silt and stones in gall bladder and gets chest paing bcoz of that. Doctors recommend for the surgery, hence checking.

Thanks for your advice.

10. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

LLavanya, hope the surgery went on well. How is your mother now?