1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE - Episode 1

Discussion in 'HE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vandhana and Sridhar,

Vandhana- It is a very inspiring movie- Alive. It teaches us that to survive we need not just a body and mind, but also a soul and philosophy to sustain the mind. I read an English version of the crash. I think the book I read was called 'Miracle in the Andes' by an author called Nando. I actually borrowed it from a fellow passenger and speed read it in five hours during a delayed transit flight. I would love to read it properly again.

Sridhar- Thanks for explainig the incident with Osho. Which of course brings the next question- who was Gurdjieff?

regards

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Varlotti,

Reading a serial story for the first time.... Normally, I dont have the patience to wait and read the story in parts.... So, I avoid reading, rather than increasing the inquisitive ness and BP....

But the starting is very nice.... The anger of the boy, made him to become a big business man.... I liked it... It reminded me of few things which has happened in my life.... Sometimes, the insults, which we are put into helps us to succeed in our life... It becomes instrumental... Provided we focus our energies in the possitive mode for success... I have learnt it by experience....

Nice starting.... and Waiting.....

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meenu,

Thanks. Honestly I do not believe in doing social service as a matter of fashion or the in thing. I am totally against taking children from the orphanage to a rich home. I have seen such projects failing on a grand scale. Even if the hosts are good, perfect, they only succeed in increasing the longing in the boy's mind for a proper house and a family. But nine out of ten times, hosts are like the rich character in the episode. They need the orphans just to satisfy themselves about their riches, though richness is conspicuously absent.

Yes, Priya's retort rendered him speechless for a moment. That was not just a clever retort but an intelligent one too.

Looking forward to your FB on the next episode.

regards,

4. varalotti

Vidya,
    Gurdjieff, to me, is a mystic. He is what our acharyas would call Jeevan Muktha.
    His teachings had the depth of our scriptures and the directness of Zen Buddhism.

To know more about him you may follow this link
    G. I. Gurdjieff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Incidentally he is a person whom Osho admires and quotes quite often in his books.

regards,

5. varalotti

Dear Veda,

Your name, Veda, (incidentally what's your full name?) like our ancient Vedas, has its root in vid, to know. Where there is a desire to know, where the complete knowledge matures into wisdom there will always be peace. It's true in your case, as you have "shanthi" with you.

Now I am touched and moved. Both you and Shanthi broke your habit of not seeing or reading any serials, on my account. Though a serial comes in parts in my case I give my life to see that I communicate something in every part.

I am very happy that you were able to relate to the anger of the boy. We are normally jolted out of our comfort zones only by incidents like these. If all the people we relate to are extremely nice, we would not have grown at all.
    Thanks for the post and thanks too for the waiting.
    regards,

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Varlotti,

My full name is Vedavyas, named after the great sage Vedavyasa by my uncle...... I fully agree with your last para...

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Varalotti
    Wow this is a beautiful serial. As I never read any stories on the net always love to read books lying down on bed or on sofas. I had read the Ad given, and everyone eagerly waiting for Mr. He. So thought of reading it. It is really beautiful couldn't stop until I completed it, but sad as the other part of the episode is yet to come.
    Waiting for the next episode I hope you put in fast. Why can't you put it everyday ?? Why only on saturday's??

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

I was curious to read the serial coz of the title "HE". Being single, such titles though fictitious lick my brain!!. Madhavan's entry at the right time was breath taking. His witty answer to Priya reflects his character that he does not take things easily in life. When 'HE' swapped his dress with Anand, I was sure he would climb the ladder as he had the penchant of good things in life. I am impressed with his Executive Assistant too, who is laboriously paving way for "Madhavan's" success..

A dusky young widow meets the dashing rich bachelor of th town .. lets see now where it bends...

Saturdays is too long... Waiting breathlessly like "Priya"... for more ink to flow..

9. varalotti

Dear Veda Vyasa,
    Now that I know your full name which is the name of a great sage I admire with all my heart, I am going to address you in your full name. My pranams to your uncle who thought of that name.
    You know Veda Vyasa was probably the first and foremost writer in the world. His Mahabaratha contains all the possible storylines and combinations. Even now for a person who begins to write the best way to start is to read Mahabaratha, as close to the original version as possible.
    Incidentally as you might know the word Vyasa itself means a writer. In those days our Tamil teachers when they wanted us to write essays, would say, மதுரையைப் பற்றி ஒரு வியாசம் எழுதுங்கள்."
    Because 'vyasam' means composition. Vyasar means a writer, of a higher order. One who composes epics.
    All the best
    regards,

10. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Mr. Sridhar,
    A nice start, and waiting to read it. Will def wait for every saturday. I am sure that I will make it a point to read it the first thing every saturday.

Sema Virundhu indha Deepavalaiku.