1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Coconut milk ..Which brand and where to buy??

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by SriVidya75, May 28, 2010.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I have seen many of our Ilites suggesting to apply coconut milk for hair. Could anyone suggest which brand to buy and where can we buy it from? The other day I looked for coconut milk in Target but couldnt find any. Do we get this in Tin or in frozen section? please suggest!!

2. usr12

usr12 New IL'ite

Chcekout at Indian shops (patels etc) Have seen the all natural coconut milk in tin..

3. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Srividhya,

Do you mean coconut milk or coconut milk shampoo?

If you mean coconut milk, you get these in Indian stores, Trader Joe's etc. Personally, I've used these only for cooking and not for hair. It usually comes in cans/tins and kept outside. We need to refrigerate once it is opened.

In the other thread, the IL'ite mentioned that she was using Organix Coconut milk shampoo.

If it is coconut milk shampoo you are looking for, Organix coconut Milk Shampoo and Organix coconut milk Conditioner are both available in Ulta beauty shops. It is also available online through Amazon and walmart.com.

4. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Sri,

Jithiks is right. Normally coconut milk is used for cooking and I have not heard about using it for hair.

For coconut milk you can get them in an Indian Store, it would be in a tin container.

Now, I have seen Organic Coconut milk shampoo in Trader Joe's ..is that what you are perhaps looking for??

5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you dearies!! for this info....I was looking for coconut milk ...I have read few posts on IL, talking aobut how we can mix cocounut milk with henna powder, and when applied gives conditioning and also helps in hair growth....

Thank you for this information..yep let me look for it in the grocery store!! when I looked I could find only coconut cream..seems like have to check again

6. aparnaram

aparnaram Gold IL'ite

can i buy coconut milk shampoo in chennai shopping malls like "reliance fresh", "more", "pick & pack", "heritage fresh"???? plz provide me with details like where can i get this shampoo or other shampoo containing coconut milk in it....????