1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to handle frizzy hair?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by shubini, Apr 5, 2010.

1. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

No Sharadha.Iam yet to try hair Spa.\Blame it on my laziness.I do not think frizziness can be controlled by spa treatment.If it is true,I would want to try that without further delay.

2. usr12

usr12 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am also joining this forum!!.. I also have the same kind of hair which always looks so messy irrespective of what ever products I use ..I think the hair is very fine that is why this is happening..

After lots of trial and errors I went for permanenet straightening last year.. Though my hair looked very flat without much body after that the messy look had completely gone.But now after 7-8 months my new grown hair is again messy..
    I heard about Keratin treatment (in US)which smoothens hair without making it pin straight.. ..I have not yet decided to go for it..

I am also trying the following which is some what helpful..
    1. After the hair is completely dry , take a dab of castor oil on your finger tips and rub it on your palms to spread it to a very thin layer..Then run ur palms over the frizzy top layer of hair (not touching the scalp)..Also use bobby pins/braids to secure your bangs so that wind will not move your hair..
    2. To avoid future breakage and baby hairs never tie ur hair in pony tails especially while sleeping (I did this for many years)..Also avoid wrapping hair tightly after washing..

Waiting to hear any other tips from ILS..

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  3. rajalakshmigopal

Your tips are really useful.I like the castor oil tip.I also want to apply too much of oil to control this frizziness.But My scalp is oily and gets dandruff easily.This Castor oil tip will not make my scalp oily.

Thanks for the share:thumbsup

4. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

RG,

I searched a week back for the same on this forum. My hair is thick, short and frizzy. It used to look so beautiful, long and healthy when I was in college ( I used to be a good girl, and plait it). Now, corporate life has made it like hay. I dont want to straighten it, as I feel it may look too lifeless.

I googled on hair spray's and found there is one in L'oreal for about 1000RS and another in Garnier. Visited H&G and realised they are not available in India. Now, I oil my hair with olive oik+ castor oil, let it soak for over 20- 30 mins and then wash with a mild shampoo. I condition it as well. As it is wet, I apply few drops of non-greasy coconut oil on the ends of my hair - thats where it looks very frizzy. I dont know how many days I will do this, but it does look more manageable now.Also, I also cut my hair - two inches down to remove all the splits and frizz there. I have a hair wash everyday as my hair gets dirty and oily, dandruffy if I leave the oil and dry and brittle if I dont oil. :-(

I have tried a herbal hair pack at a local parlour. It was for 200 only, but the effects were amazing. The same lady suggested I buy her pack and use at home. It is a powder base - need to mix with egg, curds,tea decoction etc and apply. Let it dry or 2 hours, and then wash. I dont have that kinda time now. Also, before this pack - I have to oil massage my hair!

I

Arch

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  5. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Oh ok..many tips from usr12 and archana...will try them.

Has anyone tried liquid paraffin..its oily but not sticky...and controls dandruff also. A beautician advised me to use that but again laziness prevented me from trying that.

6. rajalakshmigopal

Arch,

YES,YES and YES,.I cannot agree more.Whenever amma came to oil/plait my longggg hair that time,I used to run away,used to hide somewhere and never liked her hair oil baths and used to mix shampoo with shikakai in her absence :hide:.Now Iam paying for all my mistakes.Iam scared that I will go bald in the next few years.

I agree about the changes corporate culture offer to our skin & hair.Horrible it is!

I like your olive+castor oil treatment.As other Ilite mentioned in this post,castor oil does the trick.Let me start doing it from now onwards.Thanks a million,zillion:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

I have also heard about these hair sparys and never tried it thinking about the consequences like hairfall/lifeless hair.

I think you have mentioned about this herbal pack earlier.Please updte me the details.Add it in directory If you can.

I would be grateful to you for this info!!

May God bless you for sharing such an info in the morning!

P.S: Can you share your shampoo & conditioner brand If you do not mind?

7. sankari

sankari Senior IL'ite

Hi friends! Happened to see this forum. why cant't try changing the hair style. take a side partition if you want free hair...step cut or visit a beauty parlour for more styles which is suitable for you.

Apart from this you can do the following to control the frizzy(atleast a bit) after shampooing and rinsing properly, take half a jug of hot water and add half spoon (lil)of olive oil and whisk with a spoon briskly so that the oil mixes up well and add normal water on to it so that the water temp' is barable for you now pour it onto head and hair and spread throroughly on the hair. Again rinse you hair and blow dry.

8. chitraraaj

chitraraaj Senior IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

am also joining in this forum.. i too have curly frizzy hair. few years back it was too thick and short(when my mom was caring it).. but now it s thin..(coz, i started caring it :-( ) since mine is curly hair, it wont look too thin.

Arch,

I like the castor oil + olive oil treatement.. let me try it out. Thanks a lot for the tips..:bowdown Also can u please mention more details about the herbal pack ?

Also am using Dove shampoo and Dove conditioner (white ).. Can anyone suggest good shampoo and conditioner for curly, frizzy hair.?

Cheers,
    Chitra:)

9. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

hey friends, I have an idea, why don't we team up and share the products we use, probably we wont end up buying those which make no difference. Also we could share some tips which might make atleast a little difference. May be if we put our thoughts together, then we will be able to find a solution. If you guys are ready we could start sharing.

10. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

RG,

I use good old Clinic Plus and Dove conditioner. I dilute my shampoo 1:4 with water and rinse twice. You should realise that I am not too much of a hair care taker to be giving advices here.LOL. I will ask my friend, who deals with this powder, and then place a directory entry here. The catch is that, she is not very commercial or money minded. Yet, will get it done:). This pack is very good, I am just lazy to not be using it regularly. 2-3 hours once in a month will make all the difference. I have the resource, yet dont do it. Damn!

Shikai with shampoo - I do it even now, whenever amma forces shihakai....:-(

Arch