1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best Henna Mix

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by cindyboo, Jun 20, 2007.

1. cindyboo

cindyboo New IL'ite

Hi all,

What do you ladies mix with your henna to get the best results (deeper darker color & best conditioning)??

Thanks!
    Cindyboo:wave

2. preethi27

preethi27 Senior IL'ite

Hai,

Buy Everest henna powder & read the instructions clearly & prepare the mehandhi paste. I got a good colour when I followed that method. It was excellent. Apply sugar & lime mix water dipped in cotton 4 or 5 times when it starts drying. Dont press too much. Otherwise the mehandhi will come out. Check the beauty forum in Indusladies. Already our friends has discussed so much about this. U can see so much of beautiful mehandhi collections there.

Love
    Preethi

3 people like this.
  3. meeta012

meeta012 Junior IL'ite

HiJ

I’ll tell you the best way to do this if you want to colour your hair

Take a iron vessel.Mix together 1 cup henna powder ,juice of 1 lime, 1 egg, 4 tsp dahi, 1 cup decoction of tea and coffee brewed separately.

Use a ladle to mix well and leave no lumps.It should be of slow-pouring consistency.Add warm water if its too thick. Cover and leave for 3-4 hours.The henna will change colour and become a dark brown.

Apply it evenly and wash off after 2 hrs without using shampoo..Apply any oil immediately.Leave oil overnight and shampoo + condition next day.

Remember to condition even if you have oily hair since henna makes hair slightly dry.

Regards,
    Meeta

1 person likes this.
  4. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi CB,
    Always mix henna in iron vessel, one more method grate beetroot grind and extract the juice,in this juice u mix henna and apply
    bye
    latha

1 person likes this.
  5. cindyboo

cindyboo New IL'ite

Thank you all for responding!

Will all of these mixes give me the darkest color possible? I want to get as close to black as possible. I naturally have dark brown hair that I want to dye black.

Please let me know. Thanks!
    Cindyboo:wave

1 person likes this.
  6. meeta012

meeta012 Junior IL'ite

Cindy,

henna will not give you a "close to black" colour.It will give you,if you mix and keep it covered in an iron vessel for 3-4 hours and use a decoction of tea/coffee boiled and strained to mix it,a very rich brown shade.

For best results vary the number of hours you keep it in the iron vessel..increasing it till you're satisfied,since quality of henna is dubious unless you can dry the leaves in the sun yrself,then powder the leaves and strain the powder and keep it.However,don't keep it beyong 6 hrs since the curd will increase in acidic properties which may have an adverse effect on your scalp if you have sensitive or dry skin.

The colour I get after keeping it for 3-4 hrs though is extremely rich and dark brown......best of luck:)

warm Regards,
    Meeta:)

1 person likes this.
  7. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

8. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi there

the suggestions all the members have given are very good... i wud suggest you that you buy a Iron kadhayi, a small one, specially for henna... my mum has an iron kadhayi which she only uses for Henna...

~Abha

9. cindyboo

cindyboo New IL'ite

Thank you all for your helpful responses. I must get an iron kadhayi for my henna mix. I will get one soon. Thanks!!

cindyboo:wave

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Beetroot mix will give you a deep red tinge... The colour looks good like a branded colour of the market...

I have tried...