1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Volumising and Smoothening

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by anumdas, Nov 15, 2009.

1. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends

I recently heard about the hair volumising and smoothening treatments which are done at beauty parlours. Has anybody gone for any of these. I was planning to do it when I go to India. But if someone could tell me about the pros and cons, I would really appreciate. After all, there is not much hair remaining to take the risk.

2. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Its adviciable to avoid parlour treatment on hair as they use harsh chemicals on hair.

Use herbal hair packs at home which will results in super soft silky hair. and use only herbal products on hair and skin.

3. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

Thanks Dolly. I am happy that you replied to my post. :cheers I was a kind of depressed seeind 63 views and no reply...

4. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Anu,

Why don't you go through our hair care forum, there are plenty of tips our Ilites have shared. Lot's of natural remedy which will improve volumne & hair fall.

check out.:thumbsup

5. harshapd

harshapd New IL'ite

Do you mean hair straightening or hair smoothing?

If you have naturally wavy/curly hair, my personal opinion would be not to do a permanent straightening. Unless you have a lot of hair (hair follicles) , wavy/curly hair women tend to have hair that looks "big"/voluminous but is actually quite "thin". So straighening it might make your hair look nice but will leave you with very little volume. Also the process is very harsh and can take a long time for hair to recover. You also have to maintain it, in that when your hair grows out you have to straighten the roots too. Also you will have to deep condition your hair regularly so that it can sustain the process.

Before you actually do it I would suggest you go to a good salon and have your hair temporarily straightened. See whether you like it, can manage it. If it's just wanting you hair feeling smooth/frizz fighting, then doing a Keratin treatment (without formaldehyde) or a Biolustre treatment would help.

If you have thin ,wavy hair, try using a volumising sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and get a good cut so that hair looks naturally beautifully wavy.

Hope this helps

Harsha

6. anumdas

anumdas Senior IL'ite

THanks Harsha and Aabhi. I will definitely check out the options.

7. marina20

marina20 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Harsha can you let me know which sulphate free shampoo you are using?? and also the treatments you mentioned keratin and biolustre, are they available in Dubai..please lemme know...

Thanks

8. PetiteFashionB

PetiteFashionB Senior IL'ite

If you dont want to go for parlour chemical treatments and still want to have volume,there are few tips before hair styling.
    - Hair teasing ,kind of reverse combing
    -blow dry hair with diffuser and hair upside down.
    -use hair mousse in wet hair before blow dry.
    (These are just for more volume ,and hair styles to create poofs)
    Seach youtube.com for videos on teasing etc.

9. Hetal

Hetal New IL'ite

Hi
    This is with your query, about hair, since you are staying at UAE, factor affecting health of your hair is water.

Par lour care can be done at home, Pls invest in a good Hair Spa like L’Oreal... Hair mask, Shampoo your hair, apply to your hair give a good massage to your scalp, your hair with the cream, leave it for 15 min , In case you have a face steamer which is used for facial , use the same jar to steam your hair, or wrap a hot water towel like a turban (of course after draining the hot water ) leave it for 10-15 min & then rinse it with water…

Result is amazing***********

10. Hetal

Hetal New IL'ite

Hi
    It is difficult to get sulphate free shampoo everywhere, you can use AMWAY 2 in 1 Shampoo+ conditioner & extra conditioner due to the climatic conditions, and it is very good,
    In case you are not into AMWAY become one , I am not trying to do any marketing but I am using the products they are value for money. Become a member & keep buying products for your own personal use, at a discount rate, renewal feel is very miniscule, this is 1 company wherever I go I use my (ABO no & collect the product on my NO) & use it. In case you need help I can assign you as one of the Distributer.

Otherwise as i wrote before use hair mask of loreal for Smoothening.

Take care !