1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can I Use Cooking Olive Oil For Hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by suna, May 15, 2007.

1. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Hi Cindy,

Thank u:) and one more doubt is here is it enough to leave for 10 min and later can we use any gud conditioner and can we rinse off?
    bcoz already we have applied egg i a conditioner and again we are going to apply conditioner is it ok?

And some where i read that after applying oil can we use steam to our hair for 10 min to circulate the blood and later we can plot?
    is it true?

2. tulip

tulip New IL'ite

HI Cindy,
    Mine is dry hair. After applying the mixture of egg, olive oil and mayonnaise While rinsing hair shall i use shampoo. Because I donot like egg smell.
    Tulip

3. cindyboo

cindyboo New IL'ite

Hi Srilu,

Sure, you can leave it in as long as you want. Sometimes I leave it on for 2-3 hours then rinse with cool water. After you rinse, shampoo and then follow up with a good conditioner.

If you use the olive oil by itself, yes you can definetely use a steam cap with it. The steam helps the oil penetrate through the hair shaft.

But I would not advise using the steam cap if you use egg in your hair. The heat may cause the egg to "cook" in your hair and it will be difficult to wash out.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  4. cindyboo

cindyboo New IL'ite

Hi Tulip,

I have dry hair also. Yes, after you apply the mixture, wrap it up and let it sit on the hair for a while, you should shampoo and then if you like, apply your favorite regular conditioner. You will not be able to smell the egg after you wash everything out.

-cindyboo:wave

5. cindyboo

cindyboo New IL'ite

For those of you who have questions about this treatment, here is some useful information. This should be done BEFORE you wash your hair.

Steps
    • Mix up 2 whole eggs, 4 tablepoons of extra virgin olive oil (for shorter hair, use 1 egg and 2 tablepoons of olive oil)
    • Add 1 cup of mayonnaise to the mixture if you normally have dry, brittle hair. (Do not add mayonnaise if you have oily hair)
    • Apply all over hair coating each strand
    • Wrap it up with plastic wrap, shower cap, or warm towel
    • Leave on for as long as possibe with a MINIMUM of 10 minutes. (I normally leave mine on for 2 or more hours)
    • Rinse out and shampoo with your favorite brand
    • Be sure to wash all of it out. Follow up with your favorite conditioner.
    Your hair should be very soft and shiney!

6. tulip

tulip New IL'ite

Hi cindy,
    Thank you very much
    tulip

2 people like this.
  7. cindyboo

cindyboo New IL'ite

Your very welcome!:2thumbsup:

8. srilu

srilu New IL'ite

Cindy,

Can i use twice a egg and olive oil a week,
    I usually take head bath twice in a week,]
    so can i use twice?

and regarding every body's point of view how many days can we take head bath for a week and preparebly on which days(like monday and Thrusday):)

I heard that after applying oil if we can use steam for our hair for 5 or 10 min it will do the blood circulation is it true?

9. cindyboo

cindyboo New IL'ite

Hi Srilu,

Yes, you can use the egg and olive oil twice a week. As for how often you should take your head bath, that is up to you. Everyone is different. I only wash my hair once per week because my hair is very dry. Those who have oily hair may wash more frequently.

Applying steam to any hot oil (olive, castor, coconut) treatment is very effective. The only time that I would not use steam is when I'm applying the egg. The heat from the steam could possibly cause the egg to "Cook" in your hair.

10. mrsbiju

mrsbiju New IL'ite