1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade HAIR OILS recipes

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vidhukumar, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Re: Homemade Herbal Hair Oil: Recipes Please

Dear Birraj,

Very simple receipe is provided by you, I hope it is easy to do the same and check it. If it suits, we can continue the same. Thanks for sharing the info.

2. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

my mum used to heat coconut oil with mehdi fresh leaves + curry leaves + fenugreek seeds + orange or lemon peels.

it have a special traditional smell and makes the scalp cool and fresh

3. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nijasav,

Thank you for sharing the receipe.

1 person likes this.
  4. Vijayarahini

Vijayarahini Bronze IL'ite

Should I use the dried orange peel n curry leaves,rose petals etc. jus a clarification.

5. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

An added tip: When making herbal oil. Add home made coconut milk (grind grated coconut in blender and strain the milk) to the hot coconut oil and continue to simmer. My mom used to do this when i was a kid and i think i used for 3 years the thickness of my hair tripled... perhaps too much to my liking.. but seriosuly, it was as thick as my wrist. Now thinking i should start that for my daughter :)

1 person likes this.
  6. biotef

biotef New IL'ite

hi polymorphic,

add coconut milk in coconut oil boil it, is that only to do or is anything else also added.
    i would like to know more about it as i would like to have thick hair. i have long but thin hair. your guidance will be very helpful

7. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

can you share the recipe here..... sounds interesting.

8. Tikilon

Tikilon New IL'ite

How long can you keep homemade hair oil? I found a bottle last night that I made two year ago

9. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

Ok here is my recipe for home made herbal oil. I boil coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil. My herbal paste items are curry leaves, few fresh coconut pieces, fresh amla, methi. I grind it with out water and put the paste in the boiling oil and boil it again for 15 mins. The aroma will let you know when to off it. Strain it and keep it in the bottle. I didnt measure any of the item both the paste and oil. Its all my own ratio. If you cant tolerate any of the oil you can skip it. because all the above mentioned oils have their own properties.

I apply the oil over night and I wash it next morning or apply it in the scalp through out the edge of the hair in the morning and wash it in the evening. Sometimes I use it after henna also. I put henna in the morning and wash my hair in the evening without shampoo and then in the night I do hot oil treatment. I have been doing this repeatedly for the past 4 weeks.

The results are no more hair shedding. my hair is more manageble. no more knots. its very soft. The combination of henna and the above said oil well set for me. But I heard for some people they get cold and sneezing with the oils. So if you want to try those please try very little and see how you feel and to start with do it twice a month then slowly increase it to every other day.

Please share your success herbal oil or other hair treatment.