1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

My secrets of growing loooong hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Yashikushi, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sure..every one will have a look into ...no woman in the world is devoid of longing for that long healthy hair...me too..naturally I have loooong hair...Heee..heeee..Big Laugh not much...just knee length......stopped using shampoo at the age of 14 after reading an article that continuous use of shampoo may cause skin cancer

P.M(before marriage)
    Till my collage days my mom used to give me head bath once in a week,with home-made shikkakai....apply only pure coconut oil...will get head-ache with the purfumed ones:bang..and for that dandruff ghostssss..used to rub lemon...after 1/2an hour take bath..dandruff...It's gone......:rotfl

A.M(After marriage)
    Everthing went safe till my delivery....onset of seventh month..:eek:mg:..nothing remained in the scalp....didn't gave up my hopes ..followed the same.....slowly regained... but not as before....ok it's good enough....having something is better than nothing...

Now....
    I'm in my sweet 40 .....Never apply oil for the past years..becose of severe sinus problem....have running nose if applied oil.......so no dandruff too(applying oil will aggrevate dandruff??)....Aha!!!!!shikkakai didn't caused any allergy.
    But having the same lustrous shinny long hair..few silver hairs here & there.(gold rates are at the peak...why not silver that too for free of cost)

....am a fruit pecker...just gallop any fruit that comes on my way..and of course nuts(mixed)..nobody can stop me from eating them.....na.na.na...not too much...every day two or three...then comes water ..the natural purifier....drink a lot of water immediately after my wake-up in the morning..

I believe the secret lies in the home made shikkakai....the things I use are
    Shikkakai
    Dried amla...for grey hair
    Reetha(soap nut) ...natural cleanser
    Dried rose petals(not bangalore rose,the ordinary pink one)....for fragrance
    Meethi seeds....for dandruff
    Dried lemon rinds....for dandruff & shinning
    Hibiscus leaves & flowers.....real conditioner
    Vetri ver(root of a plant)...for fragrance
    Aavaram Poo.(Cassia auriculata)...cleanser and reduces heat
    Thiraviya Pattai(bark of a tree)...for fragrance
    and lastly...handful of raw rice....
    .... dry them in the sun...me tooWitsend... got them powered....mmmmm...what a tangy fragrance.....only applying &washing them takes me to the roof....any way ...Long hair is a Gift not a Burden..

So the secrets for growing long hair lies within you......never take too much care about your hair....it leads to stress....so relax yourself....sleep well..eat healthy food....keep always smiling..that adds extra glow to your overall figure...:thumbsup

Here's the measurement....

Shikkakai-1kg
    Dried amla
    -50gms
    Reetha(soap nut) -50gms
    Dried rose petals-as per your choice.....
    Meethi seeds....50gms
    Dried lemon rinds-5 whole lemon(can add more if you like)
    Hibiscus leaves & flowers-as much as you have
    Vetti ver(root of a plant) - one small packet costs Rs/10
    Aavaram Poo.(Cassia auriculata)-50gms
    Thiraviya Pattai(bark of a tree) 25gms
    and lastly...handful of raw rice....

Look for the IMAGES Of Vetti Ver,Aavaram Poo,Thiraviya Pattai HERE..3rd page

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010

2. Yashikushi

What?????...30 viewers....no reply.....Rant

3. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

my dear,
    wow......what a right up...... thanks a lot for sharing.

i want to say one sorry for you.....i don't know your 40+ .i call u with your name.........i'm sorry .........now it self i'm going to call you my sis.

4. Yashikushi

Why sis Aharia...call miss...heee..heee am always 16+...when you see me in person you won't believe that even am 16+..haaa.haaa....I prefer to call me by my name..other than aunty ,M'm.....please.....

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
    3 people like this.
  5. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

ok my dear ........it's my pleasure to call you as your name..thanks ya.

6. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

Hi dear yashi,

would like to see your lustrous locks now itself !!:rotfl i go crazy about

it.:crazy use to stare like anything at the women having dense & long plait.

if you dont oil your hair, how will you comb, detangle & maintain it?????
    do you use any serum? whats your hairstyle then?

long wishes like your hair,

7. Yashikushi

..It's not that much thick as before.......sooo thin at ends...so chachak!!!got trimmed..now little shortened.......combing...in this hot hot sunny days.Big Laughnever...at home.am always seen with a biiiiiig not(kondai).while going out put plaits......no artificial things on my scalp.........heeeee.....heeeee ....:rotflnaturally me have oily hair.......

1 person likes this.
  8. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi yaashi.....

Good thread yaar. My mom too has very long hair till knees. Dont know how it grows inspite of trimming once for 2 months.
    I too have till the end of my lowerhip and I dont let it grow longer than this.
    Till the hair was in my mom's control, I never faced any hairfall issues. Now I am using all sort of shampoo.
    I felt shigakkai is not removing the oil or dirt completely ( also it is difficult to rub and wash :) , How long we can expect amma to help in this??? :-( ) , But in case of shampoo, once the foam comes I feel - oil free, good fragrance hence fresh too.

But Now i am realising the issues..... yes platinum hair ( dark grey hehehe) , and also the density is decreasing.
    May it is better not late, I need to switch back to shigakkai.

By the way, can you tell some hair styles for long hair. My brothers make fun of me stating, I look more like a village girl with long hair and not as s/w professiona at all. :-(

9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Off-late facing hair fall problem. Many adviced me to use home made shikakaai along with some herbals.

Heard that few super markets sell shikakaai along with methi seeds, green gram, soap nut, dried hibiscus etc as a pack together. But still notable to find it.

How do you make your hair wash powder? DO you get all those ingredients individually, dry and grind in mill or else get as powder itself?

Please share here the details whenever you find time. Thanks.

10. Yashikushi

.....well Sinduja....get all those ingredients....except Meethi seeds,Vetri ver,raw rice,dry the rest in sun(not you dear)Rant......take 2-4 days.......test them by crushing with your palm (except reetha & amla)..if you hear the cruuusssssh sound means ready for grinding.......add the rest & get them powdered......you can add green gram also.....
    ......add the powder to water(amount depends on how thick & lengh)...make a thick paste...can use cooked rice water??? instead of plain water........leave it for atleast 20 min...while applying add water now & then and rub it gently.....dry you hair....never use comb on wet .....the result.....see for yourself....:exactly:
    ....if you prepare the powder the way mentioned by me, then very little amt is enough....you get too much foam becose of hibiscus petals & leaves...so more the hiiscus more will be the foam..... gather as much as of them....
    and.....the ingredients.....can easily avalilable in the home medicine shop.......
    .....good wishes for your trial:thumbsup...