1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Egg Smell on hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by AVM, Jan 21, 2009.

1. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I found many articles stating egg is very good for dry hair. That too whole egg (with yolk). But god..my family begs me not to do that. Because the bathroom stinks for a day or two atleast. I am wondering what others will do if they want to use egg for their hair?

Any comments or suggestions?

Regards,
    AVM

2. Haasinii

Haasinii Bronze IL'ite

AVM

When you apply egg to hair..ensure that you dont use too hot water to wash your hair..then the egg white on your hair would be heated up and that cooked smell stays around...

usually to avoid that egg smell ..i mix egg white with curd and whisk or mix it well and apply..that way smell can be avoided to a lot of extent..some times i use the egg white with 2 or 3 spoons of henna and curd and apply it...also egg white with few drops of lemon juice...

after having bath..try to just sprinkle some salt onto the walls and floor of the bathroom and wash it off with water..this also removes the smell...

if you are shampooing or using any kind of herbal powder to wash your hair after applying egg..that also will reduce the smell..

3. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Thanks haasinii. I will defenitely try this.