1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Henna and indica fading off quickly after hair wash.Tips needed

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by remaviswanathr, Sep 20, 2015.

1. remaviswanathr

remaviswanathr New IL'ite

Hi All
    Please help me for the problem
    I'm using Natural henna and Indica Powder with Tea decoction (((first day henna then 2nd day Indica))) for coloring my hair
    My problem is...
    After applying oil and hair wash its again going completely white.
    This Problem is Henna and Indica color not lasting for some days in my hair.If I can't apply oil to my hair then the color stays for some days.But without oil,its not possible for me.

So please friends Kindly Help Me. What Can I Do

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@remaviswanathr
    Have few questions.
    Is that Indica Hair dye or Indigo hair coloring powder???Both are different.

Is your Indica Powder not natural black???

Why both henna(deep orange/burgundy shade) and indica(black) used???

Ok.If using both,first use Indica--for coloring
    and then use Henna ------ for conditioning.

thanks.

3. remaviswanathr

dear thanx for ur reply....a small mistake frm my side ..i wrote indica ,,,but actually its INDIGO POWDER ur right ..its INDIGO ONLY ..

yes this is natural henna and indigo powder only..bcz i bought this direct farm frm kerala.......then abt ur second question why both henna and indigo used????because my hair is full and full white i want black colour...thts y iam using such.....only with henna my hair looks like orange....i dont no iam using this in a wrong way....................so pls reply what can i do now????can i use both for black hair???????or only indigo ??????????then pls gave me a solution for oil also ........atleast i want this black colour for 5 days ............but after applying oil and hair wash henna and indigo fading off very quickly............

4. remaviswanathr

Pls gave me a solution frendz

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

When you are washing your hair do you apply Shampoo? That would result in hair colur fading too soon...Whenever you wash the henna just use milk shikai to remove the henna...

The next day use shampoo to wash,

6. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Per my understanding, you need to henna first and then apply indigo because the indigo sticks only to the henna parts. So OP, I think it may be your henna which is the problem. It may not be binding to your hair properly. It could be the quality or the duration for which you are applying the pack. check both

1 person likes this.
  7. remaviswanathr

THANX FOR REPLY FRENDZ........@BRAHAN IAM NOT USING ANY SHAMPOO...........................@SANDHYA YES IAM USING HENNA THEN INDIGO...................BUT STILL FACING hair colur fading PROBLEM......................

8. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@remaviswanathr

YES I got your problem now.
    And what @1Sandhya said is right.
    You have to apply henna first and then INDIGO
    But the thump rule is
    Prepare Indigo 20 minutes earlier your henna washing.Not longer than one hour.
    Apply INDIGO immediately after washing henna.

Please check this link (video of step by step henna Indigo coloring)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQicWXfm8IY

Some more useful info regarding
    Henna for Hair: How to dye your hair black with Indigo ... no chemicals
    How to use henna and/or indigo to naturally dye your hair reddish to brown to black tones | Henna Blog Spot

How to Mix Henna Indigo for Hair | Hendigo Recipe | Mehndi Skin Art

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  9. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

You can try soaking your heena in an iron vessel overnight for darker color.

10. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

OP- I use henna plus indigo instead of hair color too. I too feel the color fades quickly and lasts only about a week. I thought henna would last at least 3 weeks. But I think you problem is it does not last even a week and turns your hair completely white. That is unusual.

I have read the best practice is the two fold step- to use henna - apply for a couple of hours ( at least) wash it out and then on that wet hair apply indigo powder and leave it for another couple of hours. The reason indigo is applied after henna is because Indigo powder is "blue" not black as is believed. But when mixed with red/ orangey henna, it turns dark brown/ black.

That being said, I usually have no patience with spending more than half a day using this every week. I mix henna with tea or coffee (add some yogurt and egg for conditioning) and apply it next morning. Before applying, I add indigo to the same mixture in 1:2 ratio (more indigo for darker color) and make it a one step process.

It is not like applying black hair color. You will not get the uniform black color. Any greys turn dark brown and blend in with rest of hair. The rest of the hair does look glossy and conditioned. I am allergic to hair color this suits me just fine. It is the safest way to condition and give some highlights to your hair. Hope that is helpful.

Note: someone mentioned that Indigo should be mixed just before use and that is correct. You cannot pre-mix it like henna.

1 person likes this.