1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Jada for kid

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Visasri, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi ILItes

need ideas to make jada for my kid, she is 3 yrs old. I went for ones available in stores but they cost around 2K. Just for one day, didnt want to put so much money. Any ideas to make one at home?

2. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

@visasri not mentioned either a poola jada or a different hair style you are asking for clarify it surly i will help u with regarding any of it.

3. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

If your kid as shoulder length hair, then it would be easy. A couple of years back, I found a woman selling kids' false hair on the roads of Chennai in T.Nagar. It costed only INR 20 at that time. It is just 6 inches long, and has 3 small bunches of false hair. I use that till today.

Start with a ponytail, then make a plait, incorporate the false hair and continue the braid. Some moms use black satin ribbon to give thickness to the plait, if using incorporate it into the braid. Rubber band at the end. All done! Use a couple of more rubber bands around the joint where the false hair starts, it will hold, and not be heavy for the kid.

Also, instead of using flowers / paper flowers / beads for the kids, use satin ribbon to decorate the braid. Very light weight, cute and pretty. and can be cut and thrown away, instead of unbraiding the ribbon.

3 people like this.
  4. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi Surekha

I need some ideas to create a plait of hair, just like elders, and a few accessories that can be made at home to fit on the plait.

5. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

@dimhere
    thank you very much, but my kid has hair only till neck, thats the problem. I do not how to fix the false hair for her. Any inputs? thanks

QUOTE=dimhere;3611979]If your kid as shoulder length hair, then it would be easy. A couple of years back, I found a woman selling kids' false hair on the roads of Chennai in T.Nagar. It costed only INR 20 at that time. It is just 6 inches long, and has 3 small bunches of false hair. I use that till today.

Start with a ponytail, then make a plait, incorporate the false hair and continue the braid. Some moms use black satin ribbon to give thickness to the plait, if using incorporate it into the braid. Rubber band at the end. All done! Use a couple of more rubber bands around the joint where the false hair starts, it will hold, and not be heavy for the kid.

Also, instead of using flowers / paper flowers / beads for the kids, use satin ribbon to decorate the braid. Very light weight, cute and pretty. and can be cut and thrown away, instead of unbraiding the ribbon.[/QUOTE]

1 person likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

2 people like this.
  7. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

@Shanvy
    thanks for the idea. got some false hair. For the decor, got some stone embroidery pieces used for blouse stitching, and stuck them using double tapes. At the end plaited a kunjalam. Everything came out easily with the false hair idea. Thanks.
    @dimehere, thanks again. Got the false hair in the fancy store near my home, and it came for 65rs. The emboridery pieces costed just 5 per piece, and got 4. Everything ended with 100rs. A bit of creativity works!

1 person likes this.
  8. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

@visasri ..

Another idea I learnt at a wedding reception. If you are short of time, use stone-work bindis to stick all over the front of the hair, or the length of the plait, instead of pearl pins, which might prick the child. Or stones with double tape.

Use a wide toothed comb to comb it out after the function (or usually they just fall off).

1 person likes this.
  9. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Sounds a good idea, will try this for Navratri

1 person likes this.