1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home Remedies for Healthy Hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by kanaka Raghavan, Aug 7, 2015.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

If coconut becomes stale ,grind the coconut with water,apply the paste to the hair,leave it for some time,then wash off with shikakai,.It helps hair growth.
    Using rice kanji helps in hair growth.
    Add some lemon juice to sour curd and apply it to the hair and then wash off.
    This nourishes.
    Grinding khus khus seeds and applying the paste for some time and having a head bath is good for the hair.
    Grinding hibiscus leaves enhances hair growth.
    Even curry leaves paste prevents hair fall.

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@Kanaka Raghavan
    Hibiscus plant always in my Hair care hit list.
    Before marriage I use hot rice kanji for mixing shikakai.Since using pressure cooker afterwards completely out of use.But when feel like, makes kanji with cooked rice and use.:cool2:

Once used coconut pulp mask,satisfied with the result.But hard to wash with shikakai.

Thanks for the handy tips.

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I heard little onions, and soaked fenugreek paste are also great for hair growth.

I have suffered severe hair fall problem recently, but it stopped when I tried egg and alovera mask sometimes.

dried curry leaves could be mixed with coconut oil and that would help hair growth as well.

1 person likes this.
  4. Danie

Danie New IL'ite

Coconut oil is my favorite oil so I would like to share some amazing benefits of coconut oil here with you.

Research conducted recently has proved that coconut oil use is beneficial for those individuals who often lead a very hectic life over-looking their health. Let us take a look at a few of the many health benefits you’re likely to reap if you use coconut oil. Here are a few of the many uses of coconut oil:

1. Strengthening The Immune System

Coconut oil is often known to strengthen a person’s immune system hence making his or her body to function healthily. Generally, this oil contains lauric acid which is an essential missing element of our everyday diet. The lauric acid’s valuable contributions in the body are very numerous. For instance, this acid normally converts to momolaurin; which is a monoglyceride compound that battles, microbes, viruses, protozoans and fungi, by destroying effectively their lipid membranes.

A good coconut oil intake will give your body enough monolaurin which will contribute to keeping your body away from a range of different illnesses
    2. Easing Digestion

Coconut oil assists in easy digestion. It’s best advised that if you often suffer from gas after eating, stomach bloating, or any other indigestion issue, you ensure you include in your regular diet this kind of oil. The anti-bacterial features of the fatty acids present in coconut oil usually have got a calming effect on an individuals’ digestive tract, and helps in combating parasitic or bacterial infections in a person’s digestive system.
    3. Increasing Metabolism

Coconut oil also is known for its capability of effectively increasing the rate of metabolism in the body. As this oil normally is easily digestible, it can convert to energy quickly, thus pulling up a person’s metabolic rate. This thus will make the fat present in the body to burn at a faster pace.
    4. Ideal For The Weight Watchers

For weight watchers, coconut oil is ideal for them, since it has short term medium chain saturated fatty acids. This is normally a healthy form of the saturated fat as compared to the other fats derived from the other oils. The other cooking oils often contains trans fat that can hassle free accumulate in your body, creating blockages and eventually leading to raised cholesterol levels and heart issues.

Medium chain saturated fatty acids present in the coconut oils is usually directly sent to the liver and oxidized for muscle functioning or for energy for your brain. Hence, it doesn’t get stored as fat.
    5. Moisturizer

Coconut oil can as well be used as a moisturizer. When used, it smoothens and softens the skin. It can also serve as excellent massage therapy oil.
    6. Keeping The Skin Healthy

This kind of oil can be an ideal remedy for keeping your skin healthy. This is because the oil has got some effective properties that can assist in getting rid of different skin problems such as dermatitis and eczema.
    7. Keeping The Hair Beautiful And Healthy

Coconut oil is often natures’ gift for the beautiful hair. Basically, the small molecular structures of the fatty acids assist the oil easily reach the cell membrane of the hair. As this oil penetrates into your hair shaft, it hydrates as well as conditions it from the outside and inside.

Coconut oil also repairs damaged hair by hassle free restoring its luster and shine. Note that a regular head massage using this oil will assist you in getting long thick hair. So You can say that health benefits of coconut oil are amazing.
    8. Offering Relief From Dandruff

Coconut oil can offer also a relief from dandruff. Basically, dandruff, which usually is resulted by antifungal conditions or dry skin, can be remedied effectively with coconut oil. Therefore, with regular use this type of oil can destroy the fungus and eliminate the dandruff issues. Also, coconut oil is capable of preventing hair loss and the premature graying of the hair. Let us now have a look at how coconut oil is supposed to be used.

5. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Wow

Lot of tips in this thread. Thanks all..

What would be best to strengthen the tip of the hair, Which breaks often, especially if it is curly hair.

6. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

i tried soaking methi seeds overnight and applying the paste next day for half an hour. But results are not that good. I mean the improvement is not that much visible. Still hair fall is there.

I am still searching for good remedy for hair fall

7. HemalathaRangar

HemalathaRangar Silver IL'ite

I use coconut oil with curry leaves... its make hair so soften and make our body so cool also...

8. jayasree66

jayasree66 New IL'ite

Ya..coconut oil with curry leaves is really effective.u should apply any of these home made ones or other at least for 6 to 1 year continuesly.

Try egg oil (rogan baiza murg) hamdard product with rogan kush oil .apply 2 to4 drops of egg oil to the scslp only and massage well.next apply kush oil all over the hair thoroughly ...massage for ten minutes.

Take head bath the next day.working people can apply during night times.apply like this for 1 month and see the change.