1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to get rid of head lice

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by preeyamom, May 20, 2008.

1. preeyamom

preeyamom New IL'ite

Hi,

I did not have lice problem before. But, when we stayed in a Hotel in USA the next day I saw fully grown lice's dancing on my head. I tried many methods to remove them but they accumulates again. Is there any remedy?

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Though not quite easy, but u can get rid out of it. In ur place are there any stores? If so u may cum across a shampoo called mediker. Try that. It is really gud. If not no worries many american stores especially walmart have those realted stuff. In particular i have heard gud reviews abt an anti-lice shampoo called "Nit", try that according to that instruction.

Comb ur hair atleast twice daily. Keep it clean. Dry your hair well after a shower, coz the dampness in our hair may induce lice growth. Wash ur pillow covers and bedspreads once in 15 days till u feel u r out of lice nuisance. In india we used to have special combs for lice removal, here i have not seen them still the same brand Nit also sell a special comb. Try that and let me know.

One more tip which was from a beauty parlour is :

Heat coconut oil till it becomes slightly warm to that add camphor(a small pinch). let it cool and apply on hair. Let it leave for 1 hr. Rinse well. Comb well with lice removal comb. You will find a difference. It shud be done only once or twice in ur lifetime since it may damage ur hair.

3. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

You can also try warm olive oil soak all your hair scalp with this oil for 2 hours with bag on head then you will see the lice come out. The oil will suffocate them then before u wash it try the lice comb and then take shower do this for as many days as you can till the lice are removed.You have to remove the baby eggs or else you will get them again.For the baby eggs you will have to have someone take them out with steel nit comb.Becareful cause you may pull some hair out.Good luck and I am sorry you got a lice they are so gross.
    Take care

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  4. preeyamom

preeyamom New IL'ite

Thanks for all your suggestion. I tried Nit also. But, the problem is it aggravates after some days. Maybe, I will try Olive oil treatment.

5. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

Also don't use the nit shampoos too much cause it may cause hairloss or damage because the chemicals in them You can do nit shampoo once a week but be sure to get eggs out.Everyday is nessasary, another good oil for removing lice is tea tree oil also neem is good too.

6. Deepi

Deepi Senior IL'ite

hi..
    there is a lotion called perlice. Try that. I used it only once and all my lice vanished. Such a great lotion. If you have more may be you can use it twice. Try it!!

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

if i tell u something i hope u wont feel it a joke, but get your hair colored there is ammonia or some chemical in that which in the process of coloring kills all nits and lice at one go never to visit again..sunkan

8. minnal7

minnal7 New IL'ite

Perlice is a good. but cant use it often since there is hairloss because of it:help

9. preeyamom

preeyamom New IL'ite

Friends, where can I buy perlice? Is it over the counter medicine?

10. Deepi

Deepi Senior IL'ite

hi
    you need not use it often.. Its enough if you use it once or twice. All the lice will go off.