1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shall I go for any hair treatment like smoothening or rebonding?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by deepd, Jan 29, 2015.

1. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Dear beauties,
    I am so much depressed over my hair. they have become so dull wavy:confused2: and are falling all the time. I was wondering what hair treatment shall I take to make them look beautiful..
    Plz advise!!

2. Saranyaaa

Saranyaaa New IL'ite

Hi. You have to identify the reason for hairfall. It may fall due to frequently changing of shampoo or due to hair coloring or using unnecessary chemical dyes. Sometimes due to mental pressure and depression. U falls under which category?
    My advice is to use only herbal products and oil (3 or 4 days per week).

1 person likes this.
  3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

If you are iron deficient ,you can have hairfall.Try taking a vitamin e capsule or better take a multivitamin.Hopefully you dont have dandruff,as this can cause terrible hairfall.

1 person likes this.
  4. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the reply.
    I think I should start taking some multivitamins right away. I have not changed my shampoo and oil since long. so poor nutrition may be the reason

5. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Here is an article printed on a UK newspaper's website that is worthwhile reading
    What your hair tells you about your health | Daily Mail Online I hope it is OK to include this link???

6. priyabio

priyabio New IL'ite

Hi deepd,

You can try Bio Bhringraj Oil & Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo for falling hair.

Thanks

7. pickles

pickles Bronze IL'ite

Use castor oil only in roots to stop hairfall. Go for smoothning. Do NOT go for rebonding.. thats a v artificial stick look. Smoothing from nice parlor will give u nice shiny straight hair for 6-9 months.

8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...Wait for the hair loss to become less before you go for any hair treatment. Bonding and smoothening are chemical treatments that are harsh for the hair and require a lot of maintenance. Let your hair become healthy first.

9. Mohanapriya20

Mohanapriya20 New IL'ite

First check do you have any hormone problem like thyroid and then try to rectify the problem based on that.

10. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP

Its your personal opinion. Your hair and scalp health is important. Hair treatment makes your hair look health but I do not think it makes them actually healthy.

I had done I think smoothening( no rebonding)in the past ( just once ) and for 1 yr my hair looked very health and nice. For 1 week it was stick look but after that I loved it.

They suggest you which treatment you need and warn you its long long process. Had I known it before I would not have gone it.

I have friends I knew for years and did not know they had curly hair because they always get it done and they like it.

But.......

Be careful. Chemicals to straighten your hair are very strong. By mistake they put some chemicals in my one eye..Luckily nothing happened but some known had to go for eye treatment for the negligence.

Also your hair becomes heavy ( i think some coating is done) and it feels like jute strands. They do loose natural texture.

Now after 2yrs, My hair still has affect of treatment but looks horrible now. They are not smooth and straight but not same. I literally want to shave off for new hair. But it could be my hormones, delivery and stress causing all these problems.
    Most people I have seen are happy with treatment and keep repeating that.

I personally will not do it again and I wish I had not done it then.