1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair plateau and hair masks.

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by sneha1985, Nov 22, 2014.

1. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

I wish to have ankle/floor length hair someday. My hair is till tailbone length right now, thin and full of split ends. So it's not very healthy. If I use hair masks every week then it does look healthy but split ends doesn't go away. Last 1 month I didn't use hair mask at all and it became rough and was breaking.

I tried trimming it to get rid of split ends, but even that didn't help much. However my hair did grow an inch after trimming it and now again it has meet an plateau. Not growing any further.

How many times a week/month you use hair mask? And how to get rid of the plateau?

2. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Wow, ankle length hair? How long do you reckon it will take??? Now to try and help you. As you know I use Pro Naturals Hair Repair System and there are 2 products that are especially good. The 1st is the Hair and the 2nd is the Argan Oil leave in treatment. May I suggest you read all about it yourself on pro-naturals.com/in/news scroll down to "advice" and read everything. I know that since starting using Pro Naturals I no longer have brittle, breaking hair and no more split ends, even though I use a curling iron daily, however my hair is short. I hope this helps you.

3. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

The hair that at tailbone-length is the oldest, probably 4 years or older depending on your growth rate. It therefore is most damage prone and needs most protection. Perhaps slightly and lightly oiling hair from the waist down daily and doing a heavy oiling once a week with the whole hair might help. Also you must find out what is causing the split ends, is it friction from rubbing your hair between your back and something else or are you plaiting it and tie it at the same place all the time . Perhaps the type of hair tie is also not agreeable with your hair. Or something else.
    A good and healthy diet is the best for hair growth but if you feel like experimenting you can go on YouTube and try the inversion method. Otherwise it's normal that hair doesn't grow and then starts growing again.

4. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

Am not sure how long it will take me to get there with this slow hair growth. Thanks for sharing about Pro Naturals Hair Repair. I will definitely take a look at it.

5. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

I tried inversion method and it did grow about an inch in that week and that was the only growth I had since last 3 months. I did it just once in Sept. I always tie my hair up, so it couldn't be the friction with my back. However my hair is super thin at the ends beyond waist length, gets tangled up easily over there and gets dry with a couple of hours even after oiling. I should try the daily little oiling my ends idea. I have however stopped using conditioners in my hair now, but this was even happening when I was using conditioner.