1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

my keratin experiment

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by priynwada, Oct 20, 2014.

1. priynwada

priynwada Senior IL'ite

Hi. Few months ago i had a keratin treatment. I purchased a groupon for that and costs me 79$.

The treatment is done in 2 hours. First he washed my hair, blow dried it, after that he applied keratin serum. I don't know the exact method but as per my guess keratin serum should not be applied to your scalp. He started by my scalp to end of hair. it took 1 hour as my hair are long. after that the next step is again blow dry and straighten hair. the ideal time is wait for 30 to 45 mins but he called me in like 15 mins. the procedure went good. my hair were looking gorgeous at the end.. OMG .. So silky soft straight. that was a miracle. He gave me some instruction of do's and don'ts and i went home.. My husband is like woww!!!

Ok now day 2. I flat ironed my hair. still looking good. hush. But in afternoon my hair were coming to their original structure dry,frizzy :(.. but i applied the products he gave me and still it was ok

day 3 :m hair were back to their original shape structure frizzy dull. I called the person he did not pick my phone. they are back to original structure.
    day 15 i started to loose bunch of my hair today is day 60 and i still deal with hair loss problem.
    I immediately called groupon and they gave me refund..

I don't know what went wrong?are my hair supposed to be like this? Do you ladies have any good frizz control products ? pls share.

Happy diwali ladies

2. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

I can't tell you what went wrong but I hope some of the other ladies on this forum will be able to help you. I can only tell you what I did when my hair got so brittle and started to break due to exposure to radiotherapy several months ago. My hairdresser told me that I should use a hair repair system - what I asked? She said look at the Pro-Naturals website. I did and I purchased Pro Naturals Hair Repair System. Now after using it according to their suggested regime I am happy to say that my hair is now shiny, smooth, no longer brittle and certainly no split ends. Have a read they have a page entitled "Advice", just saw it a while ago when I was placing by repeat order. Let me know what you think Priynwada and a Happy Diwali to you too.

1 person likes this.
  3. la2014

la2014 Senior IL'ite

Keratin doresn't work for us. Its normally for those who have Straight hair, like Chinese, Korens, Caucasians etc. They do Keratin to make it shiny and even straighter.

If you have the Frizzy Indian hair type which is anywhere from big culrs to wavy, small curls, you need to do Japanase Hair Straigtening which would be double the price of Keratin and that would last from 6 months to 1 year.

1 person likes this.
  4. la2014

la2014 Senior IL'ite

If you do thermal straightening or Japanese Hair Straightening, it will take care of frizzy hair and every other problem. THe hairdressers will try to sell some of their products to "repair your hair". Watch out for those frauds, u won't be needing them after doing Japanese hair straitening.

Common Marketing tactics:
    1)You hair lot of split ends, so you need this cream, that cream.
    2) you dyed your hair : so your hair is very dry and frizzy as a result of that. If they tell this after they do the Japanese hair straitening then they used CHEAP product on your hair, which made your hair that.
    3) your hair too curly, thats why its not straight now.

If they give any of these excuses after doing your Japanese Hair Straithening - get your money and tell them you will make a complaint otherwise. They'll refund you. Because to fix all those problems only in the 1st place one does Japanese Hair Straihteing also known as thermal Straigtening.

I have done in many places, Chinese salons I had best experience, price is cheap.
    American, double the price, Desis do it, some seems to be good, some use cheap products.

Hair doesn't drop after doing these procedures. It maybe the creams that they sell, so called repair creams. You Don't even need to buy those.

One way to find out earlier before doing these treatments, ask the hairdressers, if you need to buy any repair creams. If they say yes, run away.

Normally the the good ones would say something like this : "You don't need any special repair creams, but you can use normal oil or any conditioning creams".

5. Lizaray1079

Lizaray1079 New IL'ite

Is it worth undergoing a keratin treatment? My hair are very curly and thin.