1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Basic question on hair styles

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Ujju, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Ujju

Ujju Senior IL'ite

Hi Guys,

its been years I am keeping this question in my mind itself but now thought to post it in this perfect women portal so that I can get right answer.

My doubt is about hair styles that woman go for other than regular cut or trimming .
    I have complete curly hair and little thick and up to shoulder. I am a working woman and in US i see all the woman go for one or the other hair style. Also noticed that no matter how good you dress up and make up but your final look comes from you hair style.
    Sometimes I do straighten but it lasts until you take head bath. Never preferred permanent straightening becoz it will spoil your hair.
    Now I see lot of Salon's and women go and get some hair style done. But how long will that hair style last? is it every week you need to go for a sitting or will it go off after every wash? I really need a makeover in hair perspective. I am very tired of my hair. I am looking old becoz of my hair.

Guys give me suggestions to maintain my hair.

2. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

You can either maintain ur curls by using a curl activating product and using a blow dyer with diffuser.. If curls r defined they do look beautiful. Or u can blow dry straight n use a flat iron if needed. To maintain your style you need to use a dry shampoo and protect hair from water during showers. Most ladies go for a weekly blow-dry and maintain it by dry shampoo throughout the week.
    Keratin treatments nowadays are very safe but will be expensive in US. There are many good hair relaxers and home smoothening kits available. If u need to ask me more things, please feel free :)

3. Deepthivinayak

Deepthivinayak Senior IL'ite

HI,
    I would say for curly hairs,only few hairstyle or hair cut. Generally the hairstyle which are done in salon last only for a day till they wash their hair. If u really like to make over, either google some hairstyle n hair cut for curly hair and choose which one will suit u or u can ask your frds to suggest best one for you. If you go for some branded salons, they will help you to choose best hair cut for you or you can show the hair cut which you choose. you can cut bang in front,to change your look. You can go for feather cut or layer cut.

4. Ujju

Ujju Senior IL'ite

thank you so much for replies. How can I maintain my natural curls. Even though I use conditioner during bath after hair gets dry, it will be very rough. Now a days using leave in conditioner which is helping me to keep smooth . But again I can never leave it open unless straightened.
    How to keep the curls on? I like curls but don't know how to keep them properly. As I mentioned if I leave it as is it looks dry and rough.

5. StrongLady

StrongLady Silver IL'ite

Hello Ujju

I have same problem, curly hair but they get dry and fizzy.
    i do couple of diff things
    1. i use garnier or pantene curl shampoo and also use conditioner. Then once dried, curl the fizzy hair with curling iron. rest of curls leave as is.
    2. One of my colleague who has very curly hair mentioned that she doesnt comb hair as tvat breaks curls. she uses curling shampoo , conditioner and then sprays hair styling curl sprays or gel on damp hair. Using defuser she dries hair and leaves them open.

6. Ujju

Ujju Senior IL'ite

Curl shampoo keeps the curly hair soft? how does it helps? I also need to know how to use curling iron or defuser....
    I tried only straightner ..that to for some change in look..some times