1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Rebounding and lose hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by SGBV, Aug 14, 2014.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

My hair is not curly, but I still rebound it time to time. I do that since 2007 for every year or so. Since it is not curly, it does last for a while. I too maintain it with proper hair treatment, trimming, and also with regular conditioning and oiling too.

But the thing is, I notice that my hair has become thin than usual now a days. I know it will become thin if you rebound it. But it is unusually thin now. I had a thick hair before.

I read somewhere that having a lose hair all the time would make it thin. Is that so?

Since my style is always having it lose, that too for a quite a long time now. I am afraid. But not sure what style goes well with my rebounded hair, that too a relatively thin one.

1 person likes this.

2. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

I have heard that if you keep your hair open all the time the hair becomes thin, I had also done rebonding and have waist length hair but now the rebonding has all grown out and now I have my hair back. It had become very thin. My maasi told me to braid my hair and sleep at night then it will become thick !! I am doing that nowadays!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

Hey i dont think keeping it loose is the problem. Hair thinning is mostly due to things like use of chemicals, role of genes ( what age ur mum started losing hair or thinning hair ), some medications, and thyroid or some health issues.
    So i think rebonding may contribute if use of chemicals but dont know if keeping it loose contributes.also sometimes anaemia or b12 deficiency could also cause hair loss. scalp health is also very important.

onion and garlic are very good as they contain sulfur that promotes hair growth.
    Apply juice of onion to the scalp and leave on for about 15 minutes; then rinse with a mild shampoo. Crush a few cloves of garlic, add in a little coconut oil and boil for a few minutes. When this mix cools down to feel warm to the touch, apply it on the scalp with a little massaging action. Repeat this treatment two to three times a week for best results.
    hope this helps.

4. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

one of my friends said rebonding regularly makes hair thin. I myself dont know much about it.

5. Denni

Denni Gold IL'ite

I've had bad hair fall experience once after rebonding my hair. I tried rebonding in a new salon rather than my regular salon. Had my hair trimmed to shoulder length and the usual rebonding method done. A week after rebonding, my hair started to fall in large quantity and that never happened before! My scalp was almost visible and that was how bad the situation turned into! Whenever I wash my hair....my bathroom floor will be covered with my hair!. My livingroom and kitchen as well..........it was so depressing!

I panicked as I don't know how to stop my hair from falling. I was almost going bald! I called my regular hairstylist and he told me to come to his salon. He examined my scalp and said the salon might have use large quantity of rebonding chemicals or maybe cheap chemicals!

I had no choice but to let him trim my hair even shorter and go for some hair treatment. My hairstylist gave me a large comb to comb my hair as it minimize hair fall. It took me almost 3 to 4 months to completely stop the hair fall.

Rebonding shouldn't be done too often. Once a year is ok. And avoid using hair dryers regularly.

SGBV,

If I'm not mistaken....you had a baby , didn't you?....Women shed hair after having baby. That can be the cause too. I lost lots of hair after my DS was born.

1 person likes this.
  6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister SGBV,

Thanks for the thread,

Sister Denni,

I sail in the same boat as yours!!! Could you please share with me what hair treatment your hair stylist did to stop the hair fall, May be I could try too.

Thanks in advance, Sairam

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dears, thanks a lot for your responses

My hair falls, but not too much to be panicked. But lately when I try to style it, I notice it is not the same as above. I've lost a lot of them unknowingly.

Perhaps cheap chemicals, as I did rebounding in BKK this time in a new saloon. But it's been nearly 9 months since I did that. So, why it looks suddenly odd.

I've lost a lot of hair after my delivery too. Then it came under control.

Genetic reason also could be possible. Coz my mom said she delivered my sister around the same age as mine. But she never got back her hair after her 3rd delivery.

Thyroid... I have a family history, that too specially after pregnancies with my grand mom and mom. I checked, but it turned out to be normal, though I have signs similar to it.

Well, I should try egg, oil, coffee, onion, garlic and other methods to improve at least a bit before it is too late.

At what age our hair stop growing? Coz I am in my early 30s.

1 person likes this.
  8. Denni

Denni Gold IL'ite

Dear Saisakthi,

I cant exactly remember what my hairstylist used during the treatment as it happened about six years ago. I had a bout 3 rounds of treatment where my hairstylist would steam my hair after applying some hair care product. He then used vitamin capsules for the hair root. I am sorry that I cant remember the name of the product.

You can always try herbal or ayurvedic products. Currently I am using Himalya's hair shampoo and its not bad compared to other shampoos.

9. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  10. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Ya. Baby is less than 1 year now. I think I made a bad mistake by doing a rebounding in a new saloon, that too at the time of vulnerability (when my baby was 6 months). Perhaps, I am still recovering. Thanks