1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair loss remedies---tried and tested please!!!

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by chennaiwoman, Jun 26, 2014.

1. chennaiwoman

chennaiwoman Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

For the past few days I have been going through all old posts regarding hair loss and ways to maintain your hair and stuff like that. WHat I would now like to ask is if anyone has tried any specific tip given in this forum and has really worked well and if they have benefited from that, to please share your experiences and the tips given. There is too much info on this topic that I really do not know where to begin or what to try.

Thanks.

2. Vaanavil

Vaanavil Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot for starting this thread and I am also desperately need this info. Friends please share your experiences.

3. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

Tried and tested idea is to use small onion juice on hair. Visibly hair fall reduces and dandruff goes to zero. Apply on alternative days. Apply castor oil, tried and 100percent you can see the results.......

1 person likes this.
  4. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

I dunno about what I have taken from the forum, but a few things that have worked for me:

Aloe Vera - make a pulp in the grinder, apply this gently on your hair, and wash it off with plain water.
    Methi/mendiyam seeds - soak it in water overnight, grind to paste, apply on hair and wash off as above.
    Coconut milk - apply this like how you oil your hair, leave it for a few hours, and wash it off with a mild shampoo.

Above all, don't massage your hair now, when you are having hair loss, it will aggravate the situation. Don't comb your hair to detangle, use your fingers to gently detangle, then comb your hair after all tangles are gone.

Oil your hair, try to leave it overnight, and shampoo your hair in the morning. Shampoo only twice or thrice a week.

Food-wise, try to have almonds, dates, nuts, curry leaves etc. Have fresh fruits as often as you can.

Also onion juice is supposed to help big time. Check out this article:
    Experience Natural Hair Growth with the Powerful Onion Mask

If your hair fall still persists, check with a doctor, it could be some deficiency.

Any doubts, let me know. Whatever help I can do, I will.

Good luck, ladies!

5 people like this.
  5. chennaiwoman

God2014 and crazywriter!! Thanks for your replies. I ddid try the methi pack once with curd but it dried in the hair and after washing, the hair became stiff. Did i do something wrong?? May be I should not have let it dry?? Pls clarify on this.

Also can you suggest a shampoo that worked for you? All of them seem to have SLES and are loaded with chemicals.

I am also going to try onion juice. Thanks a lot.

6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Tried Niacin 1000mg tablets daily. Helps in hair growth and cholesterol.

7. crazywriter

Chennaiwoman, ya possibly you left it on too long. Maybe you should leave it for just 15-20 minutes, and wash it off while it is still damp in your hair. And it might have made your hair stiff because you didn't wash it off fully? Try rinsing your hair a few times, it might help. The residue takes time to come off, maybe a day, when it is fully dry, you'll just have to bear with that.

As for shampoos, even I can't say, I too keep changing my brand every few months. Try one of the herbal ones, like Dhatri, Himalaya, Jovees etc. You'll need to change it once it starts causing problems to your hair (like itching or hairfall).

8. chennaiwoman

thx crazywriter. just started jovees. looks like it is okay. Also i have started some multivitamins and iron pills (per doctor advice). I will also keep in mind your other tips for oiling. Thx a million. WIll let you know in a month or 2 about the progress.

9. crazywriter

10. Vaanavil

Vaanavil Bronze IL'ite

Thanks all. Applied onion juice today. planned to do it alternative days.