1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Henna Vs Keratin TreaTment, my experience.

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by rainandsnow, Jul 17, 2012.

1. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

Henna doesnt necessarily browns the hair. It is the exisiting hair color/shade that drives the henna shade. If the hair is already black, henna only gives a nice reddish/brownish tinge to it which mostly reflects while in bright light/sun light. If one has a light brown to dark brown hair, henna makes it more browner. It all depends on the natural hair color one has.

So, darker the hair color, lighter the hair coloring with henna. But at the same time, one has to remember that henna is a natural conditioner (like when used once in a month). And coloring is a mere side effect of it. :D

2. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I used Henna weekly once for about 2 months after oil massage and my hair became very soft and silky.
    The thing is, my body became very cool on the day of application of henna (I keep it for an hour)..
    Body especially legs feels very chill. (As henna may cool the nerves)..
    My mom advised me not to use it as the nerves will become weak after 15 or 20 years.. :-(

How you ladies avoid that coolness effect or will you especially drink anything hot like sukku coffee or hot tea for that? Please advise me as I am eager to start henna treatment again..

3. Annasri

Annasri Silver IL'ite

Bhuvana,I think what u r mother suggestion is correct,because I got severe sinus problem after using henna ,but for me the first time itself severe head ache and cold ,but I tried second time the same problem ,but many of my friends r using henna not for everybody this problem comes,they say when it's applied properly in parlour then it's safe they treat u r hair .,but at home we don't do proper treatment .if it suits u then no problem but make it monthly ones weekly is toooooo much.

1 person likes this.
  4. Irvinerenter

Irvinerenter New IL'ite

Hi girls

can anyone suggest me which brand of henna to buy...m very confused

5. Irvinerenter

Irvinerenter New IL'ite

BTW tried the one we get at indian stores....dint like the results...

6. Geetamohan

Geetamohan Bronze IL'ite

many Indian Brands are available in stores, like Pakeezaah, organic heena, Anoos etc

7. Amiyalyn

Amiyalyn New IL'ite

I tried both keratin and henna treatments and I must agree that I lean to like henna more. Henna does have this "straight effect" to the hair unlike keratin which works in the inside. Both benefits the hair so its up to you on what you need or prefer.

Amiya

8. arka

arka Junior IL'ite

hi friends,

Is there anybody who themselves or whose mothers have been using "godrej kali mehendi" from quite some years !!

:coffeeI read the ingredients(indigo+henna+herbs) and they all are natural !!??

I read all the posts on the greying of hair problems and started to henna my hair....but that orange color is quite obvious ! my kids and hubby are asking me to go back to loreal/revlon stuff. But I feel by using them actually the grey hair problem has doubled in just a year or two.

9. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

Hi Annasri,
    Thanks for the reply dear.
    After going through so many articles in Indusladies, I have started using Mustard oil massage followed by Hibiscus+Brahmi+Amla+Henna pack on hair. It doesn't give me leg pain or body pain. And the results is yes I like that silky hair.
    Since I am in Bangalore, because of cold weather, I used Mustard oil. You can try this with Castor oil (if you are at regions of hot climate) or mustard oil if you wish.

10. queenie29

queenie29 Silver IL'ite

i heard castor oil is good for hair fall and hair regrowth problems.... though its quite sticky