1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair care in USA

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by jignasha27, Jun 24, 2012.

1. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    After coming to US this hair fallroblem has started. It's been 4 years and my hair reduced more than 50% volume wise. I did not find any solution on this. If I just slide my hand through my hair, they come of easily. Am scared even to comb my hair. In India my hair was so beautiful. They are not very thin and silky soft. Not very curly. Medium and with more volume. But now it's totally damaged. I never used flat iron in India but still they looked beautiful. Plz ladies suggest a good shampoo and conditioner. Also any other hair care products to use before using flat iron. I get confused with so many products in market. First I used garneir shampoo because that's what I used in India. Then changed to Pantene. And after my beautician ( Indian) suggestion am using herbal essence right now. But no use. Plz suggest some thing. Thanks.

Jignasha.

2. swats123

swats123 New IL'ite

Buy a shower filter from amazon. After using that my hair feels very soft and shiny. Oil your hair the night before shampooing (coconut oil) and use a completely herbal shampoo to wash your hair. Do not use dryer or iron till your hair fall is controlled.

3. il279

il279 New IL'ite

Thanks for the shower filter tip. I will look into it.

4. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

oiling hair before a shampoo always helps

5. Lin1321

Lin1321 Silver IL'ite

Jignasha, I feel for you. It is very confusing - I was lucky, my hairdresser came to my rescue. I hope I can help you as well. I mentioned this in another post just now. My hair did start to fall a little more after post op radiotherapy treatment and it lost shine and felt very "flat". My hairdresser recommended Pro Naturals Hair Repair System. I suggest you look at their website and read the Advice pages. For me I now follow their 4-step regime for one week in every six.

6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,
    Good news .. You re not the only one. All women coming from India complain. I think it is mainly chlorine water everywhere. Shower, pools. Also factors are growing age, processed foods, hormones and going through harsh weathers. After a decade in US, I am almost bald and mom keeps taunting me.

I would recommend,
    wash less often, wear shower caps and swimming caps in pool, oil a lot.
    Herbal Essence is supposed to be good ( and expensive too). Checking whole foods shampoos if something suits you.

7. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

I have used the Rosemary and Amla Hair oil, its expensive but they are all natural and little goes a long way. The lady who owns the store, has lots of youtube videos on hair care, skin care which useful using all natural ingredients. Lastly, they have a section where we can ask personalized skin care question and they respond back promptly.

8. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

I use Tresemme Thermal protective spray before flat ironing my hair.

Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray | Ulta Beauty

It works fine. But, I have realized that no matter what you do, if you flat iron your hair every single day then it definitely gets damaged and looks lifeless. I have reduced the frequency of flat ironing to once every 4-5 days, mostly after shampooing and I must say that has helped. I also apply henna to cover grays and a side benefit of that been softer and smoother hair.

silento likes this.
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

She comes on the radio too. Is apsara good for facial products. Have you tried?

10. silento

silento Silver IL'ite

Yes, I first heard her on radio and that is how I came to know about her products. I have not tried her facial products though. But I like her tips and suggestions.

Laks09 likes this.