1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

THIN HAIR(Getting too thin,Scalp visible) & DANDRUFF....Can someone please help?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by swaran, Dec 6, 2011.

1. sujisaran

sujisaran Silver IL'ite

hi friend

please help me. i am having severe dandruff in y head , when i scratch it will fall like powder and my age is 29 but now itself hair getting grey and falling so much , i am in london what kind of treatment will help me please suggest some nice tips !!! i gone mad about hairfall and dandruff

2. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

hi swaran,
    i too had the same problem till 2010..when i was engaged i started to visit parlor regularly.. it was small parlor in coimbatore but she gave a good treatment i must thank her all my lifetime...

she gave:
    1.hot oil massage( i am not sure what oil it is)
    2. then used some machine to scrap the dandruff( it was falling like snow)
    3. then gave a shampoo wash and cleaned.

repeated this process for 15 times( weekly once).. almost she took 3 and half months but it cleared fully.

now i am using regular dove shampoo and conditioner. i don't have any problem. moreover i am taking multivitamins as i am trying for the baby( but its not the only reason, before taking tablet also it was in control)

1 person likes this.
  3. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Hi Swaran,

I had this problem earlier and had overcome it when I took care, but now back with thin hair as I am not taking care , being busy with the little one.

1. First of all, we should try to comb our hair (of course when it is dry), nicely without any tangles and if possible braid the hair. I know this would work only when you are at home, but atleast combing it twice without any tangles is good for the hair.
    2. I tried eating dates or had Lion dates syrup with milk while in India, but not anymore. That helped a bit.
    3. Had green gram dhall regularly (i mean the sprouts) and i guess you are already using it. This made a remarkable difference. Earlier, I used to avoid wearing light coloured dresses as the visibility of falling hair from the ends is more, if i pull , i will have another set coming down..
    4. Take vitamin supplements
    5. Try to have spinach as a daily food.
    6. I got a powder from Chennai and it was good, - it was from green gram dhall, methi seeds, shikakai, amla
    7. These days am using Nexus Therapee shampoo and it is good
    8. Also some people recommend - Jason's Organic shampoo- which is only Aloe Vera
    9. Also, you can try squeezing the gel from aloe vera plant and apply it in your hair- this is less hassle free than the methi seeds paste - this is very good
    10. Last thing, not to scare you, did you check if there is any thyroid issues - generally they say, thyroid may cause hair thinning

Good luck to you..

While I am giving you so many tips, I am not doing them myself :bonk, but I would complain of hair thinning issues -). Hope I will get motivated seeing your posts :)

2 people like this.
  4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot subhaganesh for the response...i have actually tried this,not for 15 weeks but for maybe for 7-8 weeks...parlour treatment twice i have done..the prob is,till the time i take the treatment,my hair would be better (cant say best) but again the problem would start to arise after i stop the treament...

but i have heard that the same treatment has worked for so many people like you...thanks for sharing your story...sure people who visit this thread would find it very useful
    thanks again :)

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Thanks vidukarth for your wonderful feedback :)

thanks,i too am trying to plait...as you say,yes its difficult to plait everyday while going to office...weekends i def try to plait my hair...i dont leave my hair free at home..i atleast put a bund(kondai)...

thanks,i too have both but i am not regularly taking these both....need to

thanks....will religiously continue the same...
    taking cod liver capsules every alternate day...will it help???

i love spinach but not able to eat regularly...need to increase...

will ask my mom to look for this :)...how to use...like normal shikakai...
    i have actually changed my shampoo to meera...

never heard...will try if whatever i am following at present doesnt work...
    i have aloe vera gel...i have applied it on my hair once or twice..will this be fine instead of that shampoo???

mmmmm thanks...will try...

thanks for the tip...i have actually checked for thyroid when i completed college as well as during pregnancy...no issues..thanks for the concern

hahaha the same i myself have done for so many people,many times..hehehe...but this time i am really trying to follow :)

1 person likes this.
  6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,as suggested by few of our friends her,i have bought a massager(with some 15+ attachments) on saturday and did try once massaging my oiled hair(not too much oil)...
    and oil,i did apply this Nuzen oil on saturday evening and washed my hair with nuzen shampoo(though they have mentioned on the nuzen oil carton not to wash the hair for first week of applying the oil but i had to since it was close to 5 days i had my previous hair bath) followed by few drops of meera shampoo...

Dint use head and Shoulders :banana...but my hair is the same,i mean its like i have used HeadAndshoulders..i still have the dandruff but the quantity is like same after i use headAndShoulders...hope i get out of this H&S soon..

and also,i started consuming nellikai(amla),not in the raw form but in the form of pickle...my FIL made wonderful delicious hot hot pickle for me the very next day i mentioned that i wanted to eat amla pickle :-D...in this form,i ll surely consume amla everyday :-D...something is better than nothing ;-)

1 person likes this.
  7. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swaran,

I don't how I missed your post.. I didn't get much time to read all the replies.. Anyways I'm suggesting you whatever I know.

1. Every night put methi seeds + few cut curry leaves in a glass of warm milk and add a little curd. This way the whole milk turns out to be curd the next day morning along with soaked methi seeds. Have it in empty stomach every morning. This helps in increasing the iron content in your body and it decreases stomach pain during your P.

2. Whenever you oil your hair, apply warm oil. And when you apply oil, see to it that you apply the oil in the scalp. There is no use if we apply only in the hair. The scalp should be massaged. Like you do center partitioning, try to do partitioning for the whole hair bit by bit and apply oil.

3. After applying oil, just massage your hair with the finger tips for atleast five mins. If you cannot do, ask your DD to do it.. She'll love it. Whenever you are free, try massaging your hair. While watching tv, reading newspaper, etc.. every five mins worth it.

4. When washing the hair, the first mug should be luke warm water. This will open the pores in the hair. Then apply the shampoo, wait for 2-3 mins, then rinse your hair.

5. Dry your hair properly.

6. As you said, its good to wash your hair 2-3 times a week.

Products I can suggest:

To increase iron content, you can take Amway Nutrilite Iron Folic tablets. I have personally seen many doctors suggesting this to increase the iron content.

For shampoo, you can try Vcare's Shikagai paste. It is like a paste made from Shikagai. I am using it and I can see the difference. My hair has become soft.

Hope this is helpful for you.

1 person likes this.
  8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sabari...thanks for the help

looks like a nice tip but for me,its extremely diff to drink this combo...but during weekend,i ll give a try once...:)

very true...will try the warm oil tip...i too dont apply oil only on my hair...first i apply on the scalp...

haha taking help from DD,sabari,do want to show your anger on me by giving this tip...my left out hair will vanish if i give my hair to my DD...hehehee...
    i have bought a massager..so will try massaging with that...

thanks i am doing this... :)

proper drying is only during the weekends :-D
    thanks for the support... :)

thanks a lot for the suggestion:)

9. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Sabari , From where did you get the vcare shikakai paste ? . I want to try that .

10. vandv

vandv Silver IL'ite

Dhathri hair care products and Indulekha gold hair oil.
    I use Indulekha, hair fall has reduced.
    My dad who has little hair applied dhatri hair cream, in a few weeks little hairs started coming up on the areas which never had hair for past 5 to 10 years.