1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

pcos and hair fall

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by shazahussain, Mar 30, 2011.

1. shazahussain

shazahussain New IL'ite

hi all,

i have always had very good thick hair back in the days until very recently (the past 5 years or so) my hair has become very scanty and thin. I believe its falling at an alarming rate.

genetically both my parents have extremely good hair (very thick and black) and i remember everytime i used to be at the salons n stuff everyone wud comment on my hair...

but i dont know why, the past few years, my hair has started to fall and has become really thin...i never use any chemicals such as dyeing etc...i use the hair dryer once in a while if really needed to blow dry, otherwise leave it to dry naturally..

i am a pcos case, so i think for this also hair falls? but is there anything i can do to at least regain my hair strength and make it thick?

of late i have noticed i have a lot of dandruff tooo like crazy! if i just massage my head a bit, dandruff falls off like theres sand on my head...

what could be the reason? please advise how i can look after my hair and regain its shine and thickness..

thanks!

2. madhu18

madhu18 New IL'ite

Hi shazahussain

Generally pcos people will have this problem.So what u have to do is
    1) Try to eat food with less oil/consume less oil foods.
    2)Do head bath 2days once and apply hair oil (warm) 2hrs before ur bath.
    3) To regrow ur fallen hair back try to do massage gently with raddish juice /onion juice and take head bath with warm water.
    4) Never take head bath with too hot water,just use warm water.
    5)For a while if u have long hair try to maintain with short hair and do all the above
    6)weekly once apply this paste. soak fenugreek seeds overnight and make a paste of it apply to ur hair.
    As u r having pcos try to eat rice only one time of the day ,night times eat chapathis.

1 person likes this.
  3. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Also try taking a good multi vitamin supplement. Enroll yourself for newsletter in ovarian-cysts-pcos.com,they give up to date research information on pcos with suggestions about food as well.

4. shazahussain

shazahussain New IL'ite

thanks guys, i know about the fenugreek paste, but is once a week enough? the problem with me is i cant seem to do it for a long time...i somehow lose hope and dont see any changes n stop!!

but will start doing it again once a week..

is warm olive oil ok?

i have been using the vatika shampoo and conditioner for anti dandruff, but i am starting to feel that it is not helping and doing any justice at all...would like to change..any recommendations?

i dont eat rice much, usually once a week only..but yes other sorts of carbs are there such as parathas and bread and all...

thanks for the help on this JGVR and madhu18.

5. samraa

samraa Bronze IL'ite

hello shazahussain,
    for severe hairfall,there's one remedy-you can store this and keep it-it lasts for a year.massage your hair with this oil one hour before your headbath twice a week atleast.this helps against dandrruff too.
    1/2 l -parachute oil
    1 cup-fenugreek seeds
    1cup-curry leaves
    1 cup-hibiscus leaves
    1 cup-hibiscus flowers.
    boil all the above in oil,for half an hour, on a low flame and strain it and store in a container
    and use regularly.

6. madhu18

madhu18 New IL'ite

Hi shazahussain

I think u already tried so many things but here u go with other options

1. In coconut oil add little camphor powder and lime juice apply this to ur hair ,after an hour wrap ur head with warm cloth wait for some time and take bath
    2.Try to use kids shampoos .It doest have any chemicals
    3. Use Ayurvedic medicine "TRIPHALA CHURNAM" daily 1spoon.If u want this can be used for life time it will treat 100s of problems in our body.